Fido dishonoring contract

I'm a Participant Level 2 kakeroos
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido dishonoring contract

I signed up for the 10gb a month plan at 60$. I was just informed the rate is going up by 5$. I have not changed my plan. The rate remaibs the same as long as i remain in the same plan. Called grandfathering .fido has dushonored the contract. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido dishonoring contract

Hello Kakeroos,

Welcome to the community!

Are you subsidising a phone with that plan? If not, then you're not on a contract. Grandfathering plans is a courtesy offered by the mobile providers to allow customers to keep their plans. It does not mean they cannot make price adjustments to those plans as necessary.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Kakeroos,

Welcome to the community!

Are you subsidising a phone with that plan? If not, then you're not on a contract. Grandfathering plans is a courtesy offered by the mobile providers to allow customers to keep their plans. It does not mean they cannot make price adjustments to those plans as necessary.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Hi @kakeroos

As @Cawtau mentioned, if you don't have a subsidy with that plan it is month-to-month and not under agreement. One of the advantages of choosing a fixed-term contract is that your monthly service fee is set for the duration of your term. However, some customers prefer to remain month-to-month and others prefer a fixed-term to lock in their pricing and purchase their device at a reduced upfront cost. 

Don't hesitate to contact us here if you are interested in taking a different plan or 2-year term.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3