Fido dishonoring contract

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2 kakeroos
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido dishonoring contract

I signed up for the 10gb a month plan at 60$. I was just informed the rate is going up by 5$. I have not changed my plan. The rate remaibs the same as long as i remain in the same plan. Called grandfathering .fido has dushonored the contract. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido dishonoring contract

Hello Kakeroos,

Welcome to the community!

Are you subsidising a phone with that plan? If not, then you're not on a contract. Grandfathering plans is a courtesy offered by the mobile providers to allow customers to keep their plans. It does not mean they cannot make price adjustments to those plans as necessary.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Kakeroos,

Welcome to the community!

Are you subsidising a phone with that plan? If not, then you're not on a contract. Grandfathering plans is a courtesy offered by the mobile providers to allow customers to keep their plans. It does not mean they cannot make price adjustments to those plans as necessary.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3

Hi @kakeroos

As @Cawtau mentioned, if you don't have a subsidy with that plan it is month-to-month and not under agreement. One of the advantages of choosing a fixed-term contract is that your monthly service fee is set for the duration of your term. However, some customers prefer to remain month-to-month and others prefer a fixed-term to lock in their pricing and purchase their device at a reduced upfront cost. 

Don't hesitate to contact us here if you are interested in taking a different plan or 2-year term.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3