cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido contract 1.5 years remaining -- Migration to Rogers corporate plan

BBCC
I'm a participant level 2

I have a data plan with Fido, existing contract ending only in 2014. My company offers a unbeatable Rogers corporate plan, with a cash rebate of $120 at subscription. Breaking the contract with Fido will cost me 210$.

I was told that because it’s a break from Fido to Rogers, as long as I go into a Rogers contract (plan), my 210$ cancellation fee can be waived (once in a lifetime).

So how does it work? Should I subscribe with the Rogers first and then call Fido for “transfer-over” (hence fee waived) or will Fido hook me up with Rogers and “transfer”? In the latter case, how do I then get my corporate plan?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

FidoFaiza

Hi everyone! 

I came across this thread and thought it would be a good idea to update in case anyone else was looking for this type of information. 

It's now possible to get up to $50 of credit upon moving from Fido to Rogers. In order to be eligible for the credit, it has to be your first time receiving this type of credit. Also, it's necessary that you take a new contract with a phone and the transaction must have been carried out at Rogers Activation though (and not at the store). And finally, your phone number must remain active for 15 days after the transfer.

I hope this helps Smiley

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Historically they have waived the fee to intrabrand port from fido to Rogers. They now require you to it through customer relations/Retentions, so you must speak to them first. There were other stipulations too, which may have evolved. Previously you needed to sign a contract with Rogers, wait 30 days and pay your cancelation fees to fido and they'd refund it after 30 days. Not certain of the current requirements.

BBCC

Looks like it's more complicated as I' transferring to a corporate plan. Will call both Fido and Rogers and see what both sides tell me... Thanks again