cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Roam

lucidlive
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

The fact that you have to opt out of Fido Roam is totally unethical. I went on vacation and turned off data, roaming, etc (as I always do when I travel). However, because I used my phone a few times to make or answer quick calls (measured in seconds), I was charged $8 on several occasions. 

Charging someone $8 cause they used their phone for a minute, or received a text, is ludicrous. Fido Roam should  should obvisouly be "to a max of $8" considering I didn't even subscribed to this service. 

All Fido Roam did for me was cost me money and I didn't even subscribed to this service. Fido imposed it on me. They need to seriously reconsider this model. 

Seriously considering a new provider at this point. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey, thanks so much for sharing.

We want travel options to be simple and easy for our customers, this is why FidoRoam is included with all our plans. It's also the most cost effective option as in some locations calls can go up to $4 per minute, with FidoRoam it's much less expensive for users.

That said, when you enter a destination we send a text message and an e-mail advising of the charges. We understand that the service is not for everyone and we do offer the option to opt-out; in order to do that our customers just have to contact us.

I hope that helps out, if you have other questions don't hesitate to let the Community know.