Fido Roam Price Increase?

I'm a Participant Level 1 hudson29
I'm a Participant Level 1

Fido Roam Price Increase?

Wow

Fido started off well with Fido Roam, USA $5 a day for 10 days, the only draw back was if you spilled into another cycle, now its $7 a day for 15 days, same old if you go into another cycle extra to pay

Just came back from the USA and quite a hefty bill for 3 weeks split over the billing cycle, will have to look at purchasing a throw away phone from Best Buy next time!!!

Then there is Europe now started at $10 a day for 10 days same re billing cycle, now its $12 a day for 15 days same if over billing cycle, as was the case for me, it will certainly be cheaper to but a 10 pound sim card with Data/calls and texts with O2

Fido you certainly know how to scam the customer, the first charges were palatable USA $5 and Europe $10 for 10 days but as I have just said

USA 21 days $167 to use my own plan of Data/calls and text

and 

Netherlands/UK 16 days $218 to use again my own Data/calls and text

Shame on you

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roam Price Increase?

Hey @hudson29

Welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to see you feel this way about this service hudson29. FidoROAM has proven to offer great value for most of our customers when traveling. In the event you would prefer to unenroll from FidoROAM you can do so and be charged the pay-per-use rates instead. You can check these out here

To unenroll from FidoROAM you can reach out to our customer support team through one of our points of contact here

Or let us know if you'd like us to send you a PM from here to take a closer look into this with you. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 13
Moderator (inactive) FidoThomas
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @botex, thank you for the feedback!

I understand that you're concerned with our current options when roaming outside of Canada. At this time, we do not offer any travel packages. While we cannot promise any changes on our offers, I will pass along your comment to the marketing team Smiley 

We truly value your business Botex, and we do want to offer a service that meets our customer's needs. We're confident that Fido ROAM offers much more value than the old travel packs, I do get that for you it might not be the case.

If there is anything else we can help you with, let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 13
I'm a Contributor Level 1 botex
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Any update on this subject?

Looks like Fido is falling behind the competition!

Some other providers offer for +$20 per month unlimited (as per your plan) US/Canada plan with no roaming charges.

If Fido don't come up with a similar proposal, many people will leave Fido (including me)

Any thoughts? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 13

Hello @botex

We definitely hope that you decide to keep your services with us. Unfortunately, I didn't get any news concerning this on my end.

I do invite you to keep an eye on Fido.ca for upcoming offers and devices.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 13