Fido Roam Price Increase?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Roam Price Increase?

I started my service a little over a year ago with Fido. One of the main reasons was that I liked their Roam Like Home option @ $5.00 per day and billing of up to 10 days per month only. Total $50.00 per month.

With Fido's new pricing policies it is now $7.00 per day and billing up to 15 days per mont. Total $105.00 

I like many Canadians spend a good deal of my vacation time in the US and I believe an increase of 110% is unwarranted and is strickly a financial grab by the parent Rogers. 

My only alternative is to look at Telus Canada and there Canada-US package which in my case if they hold their rates would save me several hundred dollars per year.

Not a happy Fido puppy.

*** Edited title for clarity ***

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roam Price Increase?

Hey @3699

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Thanks for the feedback! We always work to make sure our prices remain competitive and to offer you options to keep your cost low while travelling abroad. We know you guys love the service and many of our customers are using more data than ever while travelling. The price increase will help balance the increased costs associated with offering the service. 

We still offer many great perks with our plans such as Data Bytes giving you unlimited data for 1 hour 5 times per month. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 30
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I'm Fido customer for years.

Because of enormous increasing of roaming rates, I started to shop around.

Too bad Fido is not taking care of loyal customers, for them, money comes first and customer last.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 30
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @botex , 

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. You definitely don't come last, this is not how we want you to feel Sad

We do our best to keep our offers competitive.I understand where you're coming from ,the reality however is that there are increaseed costs with offering such services and these changes help us balance it out. 

We really want to keep you with us!  We do offer exclusive perks with our plans such as Spotify Premium, Data Bytes, FidoTRADE, Fido Xtra and much more that you can benefit from! You can find out more by clicking here 

While I can't change the rate of Fido Roam, I can make sure that you have the best available plan! Let me know if you'd like us to send you a PM, we'll be more than happy to help Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 30
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello FidoFilippe,

Thanks for the clarification!

@FidoPhilippe wrote:...

I also wanted to confirm that, yes; Fido Roam is taken in to consideration for the $100 data roaming cap. Once you hit $100, your data would be blocked and you will be asked to accept to continue using your data....

Since Fido Roam isn't strictly for using data, does that mean that customers will also have to accept additional charges to make/receive calls and send messages? Those uses would also trigger the daily Fido Roam fee.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 30
Highlighted

Re: Roam Like Home Price Increase?

Increased costs are fine and we could understand that, but double the price in one year is not right.

I had (still have except roaming)  a perfect plan with Fido for years, a lots of data, and Fido ruined everything with greedy. Just myself recommend Fido to minimum 10 people in last two years. Now I feel bad about it.

I’m frequent flyer to USA and this is not working for me anymore. My last bill $175 speaks for itself.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 30
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Cawtau! We took a closer look over our info and it looks like we got some of our wires crossed. Sorry about that, that's our bad!

The correct info is that Fido Roam daily charge is actually not counted in the $100 international data roaming cap but rather the $100 international data roaming cap applies only to charges related to overusing the data that comes with your plan. 

It's really too bad to hear, @botex. I assure you that it was not our intention to have any of our customers feel this way when it comes to the recent changes. We're here for you if you change your mind about checking out your plan options. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 30
Highlighted

I’m open to any suggestions if you can upgrade my account or find better option for me.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 30
Highlighted

Hey @botex

You can definitely contact us so we check that out with you

Or we can also send you a PM on here if you prefer

Let us know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 30
Highlighted

Re: Roam Like Home Price Increase?

Please send PM

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 30
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hi @botex, PM coming your way Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 30
Highlighted

Hi Guys,

have to inform you that Fido support was pretty much useless regarding helping about roaming.

After they offered to help and try to find the best possible plan for me, instead of offering any solution I got offer from Fido for more data & more expensive plan 😂😂

What a joke....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 30