cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Chat Secure Form not going through?

jgrewal1
I'm a participant level 2

Recently I've tried using Fido's support chat for adding new lines, and everytime I fill out the secure form, the agent tells me they didn't receive it and tells me to try filling it out again. I'm on a mac(m1) and I've tried both Safari & Chrome. Anyone else have this issue or have an idea whats going wrong? Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

number1

The problem still persists today.  FIdo either not prioritizing the fix or need a more competent technical team.  This is bad.

Hey @number1

Have you tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies?

sujapers
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Why is marked as solved? THe issue still seems to persist.. frustrating!

Hello @sujapers 

Sorry to learn that you are still having issues with the secure form.

Our support team was able to identify the problem and are working to get this fixed ASAP.

You experience that lately? 

FidoVanessa

Hey @number1

We got a confirmation that this is a known issue and we are working on it. 

Thank you for sharing this with everyone! 

number1

@FidoAnthonyZ , I have had the same problem as @jgrewal1  described. 

i.e. After submitting the form, the Agent would claim that they did not receive it and request for it to be resubmitted again.  It is a problem that consistently happens on multiple computers and browers.  The recommended solution to clear browser cache doesn't work.  I also tried incognito mode but it also didn't help.  The form submission failed around 9 out of 10 times.  Safari on mac seems to have better success rate but not everyone have access to a Mac.

Hey @number1

We really appreciate you getting back to us with more details. 

Just to make sure, you would first log in on your online account on fido.ca, access the authentication form, fill it out and submit it, correct? 

Have you also tried it on your smartphone or only on a laptop/computer so far? 

FidoSaira

Hey @jgrewal1

Welcome aboard!

The authentication form works on both browsers as far as I know. Can you confirm if you can login on your fido.ca account through both browsers?

If you can, I would suggest that you clear cookies and cache to see if that can help you. Also, make sure the browser's not open in private/incognito mode when you are filling out the form.

You can also activate new lines and upgrade devices directly through your fido.ca account (given you have access to it) and save on the one-time fee of $45 per line. If you need customer care's assistance, you can always contact us through Social Media channels (Facebook or twitter). We can also send you a private message on the Community!

number1

The authentication form did not work for me 9 out of 10 times.  I have tried different browsers (chrome, edge) and different computeres, and cleared cache.  None of that really guarantee to work.  Sometimes the form worked after submitting the 3rd or 4th time, from the same browser with the exact same setting, but some agents refused to try so many times.

Live chat became an extremely frustating experience due to this.  Your custmers had to go through the wait in queue, just to be asked by the agent to go through the queue again, because the authentication form could not submit. 

Does fido even acknowledge this as a system issue?  Is this problem being investigated?

Hello @number1

Welcome to the community!

What kind of problems are you having with the form exactly?