Feeling guilty for being too loyal to FIDO

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Feeling guilty for being too loyal to FIDO

Agree FIDO doesnot seem to care existing customers any more .Today i feel guilty of being Loyal to FIDO and falling under the so called "FIDO Loyality Program " yesterday i Upgraded my cell phone after spending a whole day and was shocked when i recieve the conifrmation email latter ? There was not a glimps of loyality program and the plan was toatlly changed ? Luckily i print screen the chat and when i call FIDO gain to make correction in my plan there was one word from them SORRY we applologize for the mistake we have done in upgradee based on Loyality progrem but that program is not available for you now that sums up my 2 days of effort and agony .infact i relalize late it not my day today is FIDO day ( boxing week sale ) no option left with me rather than to clear the guilt of being so loyal by moving to other service providers . at least FIDO should keep their commitments , everything is documented still its only appology from them and they DO NOT want to honour their commitment ..

Accepted Solution

Re: Feeling guilty for being too loyal to FIDO

Hi @ABDUL786 & welcome to the Community!

That definitely doesn't sound right. Sad I'll send you a PM to look into it.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi @ABDUL786 & welcome to the Community!

That definitely doesn't sound right. Sad I'll send you a PM to look into it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

fido does not care much for loyal customers...they would rather offer better deals "exclusive" to people who has left than customers wanting to renew and stay loyal....15yrs and the best deals are the web prices

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

Hey @randaya! We appreciate all our customers both new and old but your 15 years of loyalty don't go unnoticed! Smiley

Promos change often, the best thing to do is to keep an eye out on your Fido.ca account. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted

I have been keeping an eye for the last 5 months....black friday, boxing day ....nothing.  you call into fido...nothing but web pricing being offered and being told can't upgrade because there is device balance.  Yet you see and read about other  customers being given great deals and device balance of over $$$ being waived...being given 25% off their plan cost on top...end of the day..that customer his  hardware upgrade next to nothing and the plan well...you get the point...The worst is when offers being given to customer who has left fido are far more of a loyalty/retention deal than the offers being given to customers trying to renew.   You contact fido on twitter..forums and all you get is that it's "targeted"...it's "exclusive"....that is such a load of  *(^&%.  sSo is fido an "exclusive" members only type of service provider?  Another customer was not being given a great deal and when he informed rep that he will most likely look for a better deal from other providers...then he was given %50 discount on a plan.   How is that targerted or exclusive?  sounds to me like fido policy is to hold off giving customers better deal unless you know or feel like you will loose the customer.   Sound more like discrimination...how about treating your customers more equally.   Would you pay $60 for product and service that mostly everyone else around you is paying $40 for (not on a black friday sale or boxing day sale)?   

For $4 got a prepaid sim and $7.50 activate the account and get a mobile#...i'll wait 30 days for the migration offer to come.  I know their migration BYOD offers are far better than what fido is giving me and that is a fact. 

I know my account has been red flagged (black listed = do not give any better offers).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted

Hey @randaya ,

Rest assured our intentions aren't to discriminate or blacklist accounts when it comes to deals and promotions. Certain deals are selected for select customers only and the selection is based on different criteria such as current agreement/finance, overall usage, etc. We can't manually select these offers. 

With promotions that change every so often, we always recommend to keep an eye out on our website or directly on your fido.ca account to stay up to date! 😊 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted

"Certain deals are selected for select customers only and the selection is based on different criteria such as current agreement/finance, overall usage, etc. We can't manually select these offers."

With regards to the current agreement...i only have 1 month left in contract.

Finance ---are you talking about the cost of current play and overall usage or if i'm paying on time?  if question of payment...i pay on time except for 1 case where I thought I paid for the month but when the bill came it showed as 2 months worth and when I check bank account...i did miss that month and so I paid the 2 months without delay.

overall usage -- probably less than 500 minutes each month..try to not go over the data i have.  Use wifi whenever I can.

Here is the best part with your "we can't manually select these offers" statement

In my search for better deals, i reach out to several people i know personally and online and they told me about a person who can get things done for a "setup fee" and get the deals they wanted on their account (better byod plans, better hardware upgrade deals and plans).    All have confirmed they have used the service because of the frustrations with getting the deals thru regular fido customer service who says they are offering loyalty offers.

Or how about a customer who wasn't being given any good deals on his BYOD plan...until he said that he will find another provider...the rep says let me put you on hold and find a better deal....then come back with a %50 off of a plan for 24 months...how is that not "manually select offers"

Also....I asked about fido retention/loyalty BYOD offers for me when my contract is done....**** ...***..what is the winback BYOD...these are customers who have left.....******...if you want to call me a liar go read other forums.   So...what is fido's priority....keep existing customers? or let them leave and try to win them back...which one will cost fido more?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted

Hey @ABDUL786,

Our priority is to ensure that everybody is happy with their services and get what they need.

That being said, some offers can't be manually selected since most offers are targeted directly on certain accounts.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8