cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Zone / Zone étendue Covid-19

CatDS
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, due to Covid-19, we have to go live with the children at our chalet for at least 14 days, and we do not have internet, our only connection for the family comes from my cell phone and that of my husband, who is also a Fido client. We are in an "extended zone", although it is 3 minutes from the village. In the past, my husband's cellphone was cut for 1 month because he had used more than half of his data in a wide area of coverage. Did Fido lift this operation during the Covid-19 period. It makes me insecure to be cut off from the outside world and we need to stay in touch! Thank you!

Bonjour, dû au Covid-19, nous devons aller vivre avec les enfants à notre chalet pour au moins 14 jours, et nous n'avons pas internet, notre seule connection pour la famille vient de mon cellulaire et celui de mon mari, qui est aussi client Fido. Nous sommes dans une zone étendue (couverutre étendue), bien qu'on soit à 3 minutes du village. Par le passé, on a coupé le cellulaire de mon mari pendant 1 mois car il avait utilisé plus de la moitié de ses données dans une zone de couverture étendue. Est-ce que Fido a levé ce fonctionnement pendant la période du Covid-19. Ça m'insécurise d'être coupée du monde extérieure et on a besoin de rester en contact! Merci!

1 REPLY 1

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @CatDS,

That's a very good question, while I do not see any mention about extended coverage usage in the COVID-19 FAQ it would be safe to say that the regular rules still apply unless a moderator here in the community can say otherwise.