cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding data usage $50

khayet
I'm a participant level 1

If I get a text about exceeding data by $50, does this mean my data charges will have a $50 extra charge on my bill plus my regular data charge?

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@khayet wrote:

If I get a text about exceeding data by $50, does this mean my data charges will have a $50 extra charge on my bill plus my regular data charge?

Hello Khayet,

Welcome to the community!

Your next bill will include your regular charges for the upcoming month plus any overage charges from the previous month. So yes, your next bill will include both your regular charges and the $50. 

What plan do you have? If you have a plan which does not have Data Tracker (see here), then you will not receive warnings about going over your allotted data limit. 

Data Tracker a feature of some of the newer plans -- same as Spotify, Fido Roam, and Data Top-ups are features only available to some newer plans. I believe the notifications were introduced to allow customers to purchase Data Top-ups before their usual allotments ran out. Since those of us with older plans cannot avail of Data Top-ups, the only text message we will receive is once we have reached the maximum in overage charges ($50) -- with the option to continue using overage data (as per the Wireless Code).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

ajyoli

I deleted the text that was sent to me saying I’m at $50 over data and it is being blocked.

how can I lift the data block without the text? Can I do it somewhere in my Fido account ?

jowie

hi recieve a messege that i exceed my data $50 and my data was block but i ereased the measge how to unblock my data tnx

@jowie wrote:

hi recieve a messege that i exceed my data $50 and my data was block but i ereased the measge how to unblock my data tnx

Hello Jowie,

Welcome to the community!

Have you tried to use your data since receiving the message? It's my understanding that if you try to use data again, you should receive another text message informing you reached $50. You should then be able to accept the additional charges to continue your data (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Welcome to the Community @ajyoli

It's possible to unblock the data from the text message itself to give you complete control of what you decide to do once you have reached the $50 or extra charges Smiley

That being said, I'll send you a PM so I can have a quick look at the account.

Talk to you soon.