cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of texts

Good morning all. For quite some time whenever I send an sms the recipient receives multiples of it. Yesterday I sent a text to a friend and while we were sitting together it came through 4 times .I thought it was an android to Apple thing. When I spoke to other people,  they told me that they frequently receive the same text from me more than once. So now I am thinking that it's a network setting. I have restarted my phone multiple times and reset the network and manually selected my network and it is still happening. Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

sumeyra786
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have been getting tons of verification codes from gmail. I changed my password and checked my security but I still keep getting them. Google support suggests the problem might be with my network and reseting text messaging settings. Do you know how to do this? thanks

Hey @sumeyra786

Welcome to the community Smiley

Are the messages all the same or are you always getting a different code?  If the code is always different, that would be a problem on Google's side.  If it's always the same, I would suggest resetting your network settings to see if it helps.

Keep us posted!

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Original_Lucy,

What happens when you text your own number? Do you also send/receive duplicates?

I would suggest using your SIM card in another device, and let us know if you experience the same issue.

Anyone else in the community experiencing the same thing?

Hi and thanks for the reply. I am currently backing up my device and will be doing a factory reset. That way I can start fresh and try to figure it out. Once I finish backing up, I will put my sim in another phone to use while it's wiping and setting up again. I will definitely let you know if I figure it out. Thanks again

Well, I texted myself and I promptly received 4 copies of the text. I had to delete the original text, which was still showing as sending, to get it to stop. I contacted BlackBerry and they feel it is a network issue  

Thanks for the update!

Were you also able to confirm what happens when you use your Fido SIM card for texting in another device?

Let us know if duplicate messages are also being sent.

After many different scenarios, here is what I've seen : sim in my KEYᵒⁿᵉ produces multiple texts, TMOBILE Sim in my KEYᵒⁿᵉ sends normal, Koodo Sim in my KEYᵒⁿᵉ sends normal. Fido Sim in my PRIV sends normal. So something with Fido Sim and KEYᵒⁿᵉ not playing nice together. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a Rogers Wireless device. 

Also I just realized that if the text sends immediately there's no issue .if the text sits on "sending" for any length of time it triggers multiples. Even if it has gone, it will sit on "sending" for a while. This happens in area where signal is not above 2 bars .

This is driving me crazy. Is there anyway to reset my service? I don't know what else to do  I don't want to send texts anymore 

Thanks for the update @Original_Lucy!

That's definitely a little odd, and I do agree that you've done everything on your end to determine what exactly could be the cause of this Smiley

I'll be sending you a PM so we can check things out on our end! See you there Very_Happy

Thank you for reset of my service. It seems to have solved the issue. Yay!

Marvelous! You're welcome @Original_Lucy Very_Happy

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything else we can assist you with.