Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-billed for the month of August

JackJF
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have been double-billed for the month of August, 2020. I have attached screenshots of my CIBC credit card statement and my Fido transactions. You will notice that all of my monthly bills are for $11.30 - however in August I was billed $11.30 twice for a total of $22.60 in the 2 charges.

This appears to be a mistake as it is not listed on my Fido transaction list and I would not have used the phone service to produce a charge of exactly $11.30. I am paying for this service primarily to keep the phone number alive while I am temporarily abroad and to receive SMS messages very occasionally.

While it may be inconveinient for yourselves, I would like to request a refund of $11.30 so that my credit card will have a credit of +$11.30 and next month's automatic billing will be taken care of cleanly.

Please advise on how to proceed with this.

Screen_Shot_2020-08-22_at_08_49_13.jpgScreen_Shot_2020-08-22_at_08_54_20.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JackJF,

Welcome to the community!

I don't think that was a double charge. Your images show that you appear to have the $10 Talk&Text plan. You should note that plan does not include the mandatory 911 Emergency Access Fee (75¢) so the monthly cost is actually $10.75. Your images also show that you regularly top-up with $10 (automatic refill?). By itself, that amount would not cover the monthly costs. You would need to have additional funds in your account to accommodate the Emergency Access Fee.

Your account likely had sufficient funds to cover the additional 75¢ prior to August 16. Once the balance on your account was not sufficient, you would have been charged the refill. The charge on the 17th would be for the monthly plan fee. The balance on your account should now be able to cover the Emergency Access Fee for a few months (unless you incur overage charges).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers