cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different prices, same plan - Unfair Pricing by Fido?

aryamans
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Just found out that my sister recently bought the same Fido plan as me, but is paying $10 less than me. We literally bought the same plan within the span of a few months. 

This is extremely frustrating, and I don't see why Fido is so obsessed with these random promotional pricing, as opposed to rewarding loyalty.

Can someone from Fido shed shed light on this? Is there a way for older users to benefit from promotional pricing, or are we just stuck with a plan just because we bought it at the wrong time? I've been thinking about switching to someone like Public who seem to have sane prices and actually reward loyalty.

And before you give a generic response - yes we have the same BYOP plan, no contract.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Aryamans,

Welcome to the community and Happy New Year!

@aryamans wrote:.. Is there a way for older users to benefit from promotional pricing, or are we just stuck with a plan just because we bought it at the wrong time? ..

Yes, the different mobile providers often have various promotions which come and go. If you are not bound by contract (ie BYOP or completed term), you can avail of most of the in-market promotions. You are not stuck with a particular plan. You should note that the details of the new plans may or may not be the same as your current plan. You should also note, however, that there are loyalty plans which are not available to everybody.

@aryamans wrote:..  I've been thinking about switching to someone like Public who seem to have sane prices ....

When you're comparing the other providers, make sure you compare similar services. Are you aware that Public Mobile only offers pre-paid plans? Are you aware that many of their plans limit their data to 3G speeds? Just make sure their service suits your needs.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers