cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device upgrade payment made but no confirmation email yet

MayankChoudhary
I'm a participant level 2

I ordered a device upgrade twice in the past two days and both times I've faced problems.

On the 29th, I made the payment for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, and within a few hours, I found out that my account has been suspended and the upgrade request rejected. I called 'validation' on the 30th and I was told I was good to go and should order again. So, after an hour of that call, I made another device upgrade request, and as soon as I hit 'Submit', I was told there was an error with the information I provided and that I should call 'validation' again. I did and found out I was not validated the first time but I am this time. However, my payment has been deducted from my account (made by VISA debit card) but Fido is telling me they haven't received it.

I am not sure what to do now. My bank is telling me the payment is with Fido but they haven't processed it. At the same time, Fido is telling me they don't see it. I've spoken to 6 different people from different departments but no one has helped yet.

Please help. I am done speaking with uninformed customer care; please put me in touch with someone competent enough to handle these matters.

5 REPLIES 5

MayankChoudhary

Thank you for your responses.

My bank advised me to wait 15 days for the money to return. Luckily, it did on the 7th day.

MayankChoudhary

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

It seems your answer only proves my point. Debit transactions, as per the several links you shared, are instant and should reflect in the account instantaneously; in fact, the transactions I usually make via debit are reflected in my account immediately. However, when I made the payment last time, I was told there is an error with the order and that I need to call the 'Validation team' to rectify any fraud alert. So, while Fido nulled the transaction, my money was still taken from my account (and no, it's not "pending", it's fully deducted from my bank; I've even confirmed with my bank twice).

If six regular CSRs haven't been able to fix the problem, I suggest calling back and requesting to speak to a supervisor, specifying that CSRs haven't helped. If the supervisor can't help, I'd escalate to the Office of the President, who, in my conversation with them, fixed my problem in 10 seconds.

Hey @MayankChoudhary Smiley 
Welcome to the Community!

In order to look into this for you, we'd need to have access to your account securely.

You can therefore contact us through any of the channels listed here and we'll be happy to assist you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MayankChoudhary,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. I understand it is concerning having the funds taken from your bank account but not yet received by Fido. However, I don't think Visa Debit transactions are processed the same as regular credit card transactions. While the Visa Debit verification and authorisation is done in real-time (see here), it may take a couple of days for the funds to be received by the merchant. I believe it would be a similar situation to other bank or institution payments since the funds are processed from your bank (see here).

In contrast, credit card payments are considered received in real-time because funds are provided by the credit card company rather than directly from your bank account.

To clarify, though, while your available balance might have been reduced by the purchase, the actual balance in your account won't reduce until the transaction is posted to your account (see here and here). If the purchase did not go through, the pending transaction will be removed.

You should note these forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wish to further discuss your situation, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀