Data overage / top-up

I'm a Participant Level 2 darla_isme
I'm a Participant Level 2

Data overage / top-up

I would like to get a top-up, but I don't have option to. I'm at 1.93 close to my data limit.

**Edited to add label

Accepted Solution

Re: Data overage / top-up

Hello @Community, 

I'll take a moment to provide some updated information on the topic. 

You can now add a top-up up to ten times in each billing cycle (must be purchased before you have used up your limit). We still send you a text message when you reach 90% of your data allowance. The text message offers you a ontime data top-up and three options for monthly data top-ups (these are useful for customers who want more data without having to change their plans).

You can also text DATA to 222 to add a top-up. To cancel, simply text CANCEL to the same number.

Details here

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 5
Former Moderator FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @darla_isme! Smiley

When you reached 90% of your data bucket usage, you were sent text messages to let you know of it and also to offer you 2 options to extend your data at small cost: an option with 300 MB for $7 and another one with 1 GB for $15. You’ll be able to use this option up to 7 times per billing cycle and you’ll still be able to track your usage from My Account.

If you want  to go ahead and add this option, you only need to open the text message you’ve received and follow the instructions. You can find more information about this here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 5
MVP
MVP

Hello FidoTerry,

FidoTerry wrote:...You’ll be able to use this option up to 7 times per billing cycle ....

Could you please verify the number of top-ups allowed per billing cycle? The Fido.ca website states the maximum allowed is three. Has that number been increased to seven?

Thanks Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 5
Former Moderator FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey @Cawtau

It has increased to a maximum of 7 times per cycle. I'll have that info on fido.ca updated.

Thanks for pointing that out! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive) FidoFaiza
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hello @Community, 

I'll take a moment to provide some updated information on the topic. 

You can now add a top-up up to ten times in each billing cycle (must be purchased before you have used up your limit). We still send you a text message when you reach 90% of your data allowance. The text message offers you a ontime data top-up and three options for monthly data top-ups (these are useful for customers who want more data without having to change their plans).

You can also text DATA to 222 to add a top-up. To cancel, simply text CANCEL to the same number.

Details here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 5