cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data count not accurate? or is it a scam?

jayeparrilla
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

I'm just going to get straight to the point. I'm with Fido since 2012. It's my first service provider since I came to Canada. You can check my records, it will show i've never missed a payment for the past 6 years i've been with Fido. I speak highly of Fido all the time most especially to new immigrants arriving in Canada who came from the same country as I.

I used to have 6 gb of data for the longest time not until I got my iPhone X on April 2018 and finally decided to let go of my old plan which I held on to cause I know I was getting a good deal. Now, I have 10gb a month. And I thought this will be a lot coming from only having 6gb of data a month. However, I notice lately that my data are catching up on me, since April when I got the plan. I've been struggling to have my data enough for the whole month. I turn off my cellular data option on my phone most of the day and just turn it on only when I need it. I thought that would make a difference since I never used to do that when I still had 6gb. But no.

This is where it gets interesting. I'm now in a cottage far from the city. Klincardine, Ontario. No service here. We arrived at around 4.30 pm September 1, 2018. No data. No service. i put my phone into Airplane Mode. I checked it this morning (approximately 9am, Sept 2.) It had a little bit less than 4 gb left. Mind you I had my phone in airplane mode this entire time. And now it's currently 12am of Sept 3. And I checked it (through my fido my account in my pc). and I only have 2.76 gb left. Am I missing out on something here? I don't know what's happening actually. I don't want to assume something bad but will anybody try to explain this to me?

As I repeat, i've been a solid customer since 2012. Shouldn't you guys try and keep your loyal customers happy? It just disappointing time and time again. I hope I get a resolution from this.

Thank you fido.

11 REPLIES 11