cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Issue

ypat
I'm a participant level 2

I just swtiched to fido about a week ago, got a 20GB plan thinking I will finally be able to use all the data I want. However, the data is so slow, apps like snapchat and instagram barley work, and safari takes 5 mins to load a website on data. All I can use is Imessage, which I could've used with my old plan. Is there any soloution to this? 

3 REPLIES 3

iHelp2
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

Hey, @ypat, thank you for joining the Community. Definitely, the right place to post your concern! The mobile data should not be running that slow. The more info you can provide us with the better we can assist. For the starters, can you answer the following:

• What's the make and model of your phone?
  • How's the signal strength on your phone?
  • Is the data slow indoors or outdoors?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We look forward to hearing from you! 😃

ypat

Hey, 

I have a iphone 12, the signal strength varries significantly, it will depend on where I am. Its slow everywhere, no matter where I am. I have contacted fido but there was no difference, I was told they did something but the issue didn't resolve itself. 

Hey @ypat, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having network issues. I know how important it is to have a reliable connection! 

I understand that you already contacted our customer service about this, is that correct? If the issue persists after they helped you the first time, I would strongly recommend to reach out one more time because if our customer service isn't able to resolve the issue, they will transfer you to our wireless technical support team. 

For that, you will need to call us so you can either dial *611 from your Fido phone or 1-888-481-3436 from any other phone.