cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer retention

Rafiqul
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was a Fido customer for more than 2 years. After two years was over, I asked for the phone bill reduction as my phone price was already paid for at the end of the two years term. However, the customer support did not reduce my bill. After that I switched to Koodo. But, after switching to Koodo they offered my Galaxy S9 plus for free with a 63$ per month package. I asked the customer retention lady to call me back next day as I needed to make a decison regarding switching from koodo to Fido too early as I needed to stay with them for at least three months. However, due to a meeting at office I missed the call. Later another of their agents called me few weeks later and offered me the same phone and plan for 67$ per month. When I asked why he is asking for more money, he replied that the previous offer is not valid anymore. I asked him to reconsider the previous offer, but he refused and did not give me the previous deal. That is why I refused to accept the new offer.

This is really sad that they change their offer on a whim and don't honor their previous offer for retaining their customers.

1 REPLY 1

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Rafiqul,

Welcome to the Fido Community!

I understand where you're coming from, and as much as I'd like to tell you that we can honour the first offer, our promotions are constantly changing. Unless it's still available, it's not possible to go back and apply it to the account.

The same logic applies to our in-market plans and any other promotions. Once it expires, it's not possible to benefit from it.