Customer loyalty disappeared / Setup Fee

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Customer loyalty disappeared / Setup Fee

I have had problems with fido customer service over the last two years. I have been with fido for 20 years and always received credits when I had issues with service or broken phones and reimbursed connections fees. I had my phone break in 11 months and decided to replace it instead of wait a week for it to be fixed. I called and asked for the 40$ fee to be waived since I just paid it 11 months ago besides the many times I've paid it over the years. Absolutely no way we don't wave any financial incentives anymore I was told. Only more data or minutes. Had enough going to Telus or Rogers. Funny thing is fido doesn't care just have a nice day and good bye. This company is done for. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Customer loyalty disappeared / Setup Fee

Hello @steve1234.

20 years is something and we definitely appreciate the you have been with us for so long. I'm also glad to learn that you were able to receive offers over the years, makes me see that your loyalty was not overlooked.

The charge that you mentioned is the setup fee which is charged at the time of a new activation or hardware upgrade to activate your service or device on the Fido network.

This fee helps cover costs associated to activating a service or device on our network.

The good news is that this one-time fee is waived for customers who activate or upgrade their device online.

From there, this charge shouldn't be a problem for you if you upgrade your phone on Fido.ca Smiley

We do hope that you decide to keep your service with us. If you have any questions, you can find all the ways to contact us right here.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Customer loyalty disappeared / Setup Fee

Thanks for no help. I can't believe a company is whiling to lose a dedicated customer with two accounts over 40$. Unbelievable. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3