cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost using Fido when traveling & calling from the United States

DF3
I'm a participant level 1

Trying to find opinions about Fido's travel pack to the USA???  I had to purchase a plan because I am still locked in a contract with my I phone for 12 months and could not change my plan while vacationing to reduce my monthly charge + pay the $80.00 travel pack (100 mins usage / unlimited text / 500 mb of data) after complaining about there prices on the travel pack I managed to get a reduction of -$20.00 per month but still overall I find there prices very high!!!!

I would like to hear some other opinions on this matter and possibly some solutions? I have been told that some of the Canadian competition have some very good travel packages? I have also been told that it would be cheaper to purchase an american phone even with the exchange rate (US / CAN). I would like to hear your thoughts on everything. Let me know because I am very disatisfied with FIDO and will cancel my service with them at the end of my contract and find another provider.

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

st29

whatever man change company and see which one suits best your needs

adzees
look for other third party roaming options out there.
Fido customer service was much better in the past but lately it's going down hill. No appreciation for loyal customers, **bleep**ty plans. Can't wait for my term to be done so i can move on.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @adzees

What's making you say that? Can we do something to help ? 

carmignuzzo

I don`t understand why Fido does not offer the `Roam like Home` offering that Rogers has. Fido, after all, is owned by Rogers.

I too will leave Fido if they do not provide a better travel package and I have been a Fido customer for over 15 years.

Hey carmignuzzo!

Even if we share the same network, each provider has their own services, in this case our roaming solutions are travels packs and data passes. 

The Roam like Home feature is the roaming solution offered by Rogers.

I wish I could offer you that solution, but it's not available with Fido at the moment.  

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @DF3!

Thank you for your feedback. We're always looking to improve our cost and services. That being said, we try to offer the best roaming rates available based on our partnerships with different providers in the U.S and abroad.

I'm sad to see you're thinking of leaving us. I'll send you a PM to see if we can look at different options together. Smiley