Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Support Privacy Question.

universal_mind
I'm a participant level 2

Dear all,

I have a question about live chat support kindly made available to our use by fido. During one of my chat sessions a fido support representative requested my credit card details through a special form a link to which would look like this: https://livesupport.fido.ca/safesend/PCI/?ut=xx...x where I'd enter my credit card details. The questions is: "Will my credit card data (number, expiry date and CCV) be shown in plain text to the support agent if I fill out the secure form and click send?".

Thanks in adavance for your help,

Universal_mind.

8 REPLIES 8

Narinder-Dhanoa
I'm a participant level 1

Can you please activate my Fido number **********

Hey @Narinder-Dhanoa

To get assistance with your activation, you can find the ways to reach us here.

gmandlik3

Hi, I need quick support for my internet. My internet is not working.

Hey @gmandlik3

If you've already tried to reset or unplug the modem, we recommend that you reach out to our home internet technical support team to 1-888-236-FIDO (3436) or by Live Chat

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Good morning @universal_mind & welcome to the Community! Smiley

When you fill out your card information, we receive a tokenized number to enter in our system. We don't have access to the actual card number.

Does that answer your question?

universal_mind

Hello Maria! Thank you for your answer, what about the rest of the card info: card expiry date and CCV?

Universal_mind.

As Maria mentioned, the credit card number is tokenized (We can't see the actual number), however the rest of the info isn't tokenized.

afterthefact
I'm experienced level 3
I'm experienced level 3

And to add to what @Frozen_ is saying, the rest of the info (exp, CVV) is of no value to anyone unless attached to an actual valid CC # (which we don't have because we receive the tokenized/encrypted version of the card number).  Therefore there is no risk if that information is unencrypted.

All this to say we, Fido, are fully compliant with PCI (Payment Card Industry) regulations.