Change store for picking up a reserved phone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Change store for picking up a reserved phone

Hi guys, so I reserved an iPhone 11 Pro Max more than a week back. My position in the queue is 17. It hasn't changed since I booked it.

Appreciate if someone can answer the following simple questions:

1. Any idea when we can expect the devices to become available?
  2. Is the position in queue specific to a store I chose for pickup? I read somewhere the position across country.
  3. If I change my pickup store, will my queue position change?
  4. I moved from BYOD plan to XXL plan when I reserved the device. Is it assumed that I'm already paying for the device even though I don't have it. I was on 70$ and now I'm at 100$. I'm assuming the 30 is counting towards my device subsidy.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Change store for picking up a reserved phone

Hi @atulyaa!

To answer your questions: 

1) We are trying our best to get the phones to everyone as fast as we can, however we cannot pinpoint a date as to when they will become available. 

2) The position is indeed across the country based on the colour, model and storage that you picked. 

3) No, it won't. Also, once your order status is “in progress” or “shipped” your order is on its way to the store you chose and the location cannot be changed.

4) Do you mean that you were required to change your plan at the time of reserving the phone? Has your contract renewed as well?

Let me know. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)
Solution

Hi @atulyaa!

To answer your questions: 

1) We are trying our best to get the phones to everyone as fast as we can, however we cannot pinpoint a date as to when they will become available. 

2) The position is indeed across the country based on the colour, model and storage that you picked. 

3) No, it won't. Also, once your order status is “in progress” or “shipped” your order is on its way to the store you chose and the location cannot be changed.

4) Do you mean that you were required to change your plan at the time of reserving the phone? Has your contract renewed as well?

Let me know. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Thanks Faiza,

re. 4)

- I was on BYOD plan, so Yes! The plan was changed and now I'm on a XXL plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thank you for confirming.

In theory, you should have been able to reserve the device without changing your plan yet. Your 2-year agreement only starts when you receive the phone in store, meaning that you're not paying for your device subsidy at the moment. In order to correct this, we invite you to contact customer service or we can send you a PM on the Community. Note that if we change your current XXL plan, it doesn't mean that it will be available once you receive your phone.  

Hope this does shed light on your fourth question. Let us know if you prefer to contact customer service or receive a PM on the Community. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Francois, thanks for clarifying.

To clarify, I was moving service providers but was offered the plan and suggested reserve the device by the RETENTION team. The plan change only took place because I signed up for the device. Which technically means I have started paying for the device.

Does this new info change your previous response in any way?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Thank you for the details @atulyaa

To clarify, once you pick up the device in store, you start your 24 months agreement and therefore you have started paying for your device. In this case, as it was a special offer for an exclusive plan, the plan upgrade was completed prior to you receiving the device.

Usually, while your reservation is pending you can choose to remain on a Bring Your own phone basis and upgrade your plan once you get your device.

By choosing to go with the special offer now you secure this plan until you get your new device as we can't promise the same plan will be available later on. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6