Change Phone Number Ownership

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 mymtsai
I'm a Participant Level 1

Change Phone Number Ownership

Hi,

I recently applied a new number for my family member. The number is currently under my Fido account. When we were in Fido store, staff told us he could not applied the number for my family. Therefore, we used my account to get a new number instead. The staff said we could transfer the ownership after 3 days. We also asked him several times to confirm it. 

However, when I called 6-1-1, the customer service said we could not change the ownership after 3 days. 

We are confused about which information is correct, and we really need to fix it ASAP. Could someone let me know what the correct information is? Or is there another way to change the ownership soon?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Change Phone Number Ownership

Hey @mymtsai,

Happy to hear that we have one more member joining our Fido family Smiley

That said, the information provided to you in store is incorrect, and I apologize for the confusion. To clarify, after activating your new line there's a grace period of 60 days until you're able to complete a Transfer Of Responsibility (TOR). Other conditions apply as well, and the new account holder (the current user of the new line) will be charged a one time $35 fee when completing the TOR.

Could you perhaps share with us why the store agents mentioned that your family member couldn't activate their own account? For Canadian residents, any government/Canadian ID will do if they are above the age of majority. For new residents, we offer the option to combine a work or student permit with their foreign passport.

In regard to your situation, we can suggest the following options:

1. Keep the line active on your account for 60 days and then complete the TOR. Please note that a one time $35 fee will apply on the new account for the transfer.
  2. You can return in store and take advantage of our Satisfaction Guarantee policy. If you've taken a 2 year agreement, this will enable you to return the equipment purchased and to revert the recent changes within the first 15 days. Keep in mind, that your monthly service fees (price plan) will be billed only for the days used though.

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to us at these channels for assistance. We can also send you a PM here as well. Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Solution

Re: Change Phone Number Ownership

Hey @mymtsai,

Happy to hear that we have one more member joining our Fido family Smiley

That said, the information provided to you in store is incorrect, and I apologize for the confusion. To clarify, after activating your new line there's a grace period of 60 days until you're able to complete a Transfer Of Responsibility (TOR). Other conditions apply as well, and the new account holder (the current user of the new line) will be charged a one time $35 fee when completing the TOR.

Could you perhaps share with us why the store agents mentioned that your family member couldn't activate their own account? For Canadian residents, any government/Canadian ID will do if they are above the age of majority. For new residents, we offer the option to combine a work or student permit with their foreign passport.

In regard to your situation, we can suggest the following options:

1. Keep the line active on your account for 60 days and then complete the TOR. Please note that a one time $35 fee will apply on the new account for the transfer.
  2. You can return in store and take advantage of our Satisfaction Guarantee policy. If you've taken a 2 year agreement, this will enable you to return the equipment purchased and to revert the recent changes within the first 15 days. Keep in mind, that your monthly service fees (price plan) will be billed only for the days used though.

Also, don't hesitate to reach out to us at these channels for assistance. We can also send you a PM here as well. Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2