Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make outgoing VOIP calls on mobile data network

lips
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

I've been using this plan ($15 for 3Gb) on a Moto G5 since March of this year.  I use TextNow to make calls on the data network.  Fido support on here was great in blocking voice and text for me on the voice network.

Everything worked well until last week, when I was not able to make outgoing TextNow calls on the mobile data network.  Outgoing calls over a wifi network is fine.  Receiving calls on the data network is fine also.

Is Fido somehow blocking such outgoing calls now on its data network?  Is there any way to fix this?  If support can help again I'll be forever thankful and Fido will have a happy custmer forever!

24 REPLIES 24

Hey everyone, here’s my suggestion!

Android users:
Modify the APN “ltemobile.apn” to IPv4 instead of the default IPv4/IPv6 in the phone settings, under Wireless & Networks - Cellular Networks - Access Point Names.

Power cycle the device and test the connection again.

iPhone users:
Reach out to FidoSolutions directly in private mentionning the IPv4/IPv6 issue, we’ll have to open a case in your account. 

Keep us posted! 

Manfreddy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I recently had the same issue, but the source of it was different.  I was running out of data, so I turned Data Saver on in my network settings.  When Iturned it off, the problem went away. 

droussea

Thanks FidoRachel my issue is fix by setting only IPv4!!!

But why it was working until yesterday with IPv4/IPv6 default in apn setting?

Regards,

Dan

We're glad to read it fixed the issue by setting only IPv4. Smiley 

It seems that the default IPv4/IPv6 APN setting may interfere with the IPv4 gateway.