cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access voicemail from other devices

si
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Bad day with Fido today.  I tried accessing my voicemail from another device, as I almost always do, and line would cut off right after I'm asked what my phone number is.  I tried with several devices, and it would occur repeatedly, calling Fido voice mail number, being greeted by automated voice asking me to enter my phone number, and then being cut off. Normally, after I enter my number, I'm asked to then enter my 4 digit PIN, and then I can retrieve any messages I may have.  Not today!  I called Fido customer service, on the French side, and both agents I ended up speaking to blew me off, saying whatever the trouble was, it was not at their end, it was at my end. Unbelievably, they told me the only way to access my Fido voicemail has always been by using my Fido handset.  It is not possible to access Fido voicemail thru other devices. That's what I was told, again, unbelievably enough.  I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that would be futile because the supervisor would only repeat what I had just been told.  I repeated that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and eventually the agent said the supervisor was in a meeting and could not talk to me. In my 20 odd years with Fido, this is probably the worst custimer service I've had.  I called again later in the day, after I'd cooled off a bit, this time decided to try the English side of customer service, and the difference was day and night. I explained the issue to the agent, and she replied that some Fido customers are currently having trouble with accessing voicemail from other devices, and it's something to do with current system migration process undergoing at Fido, and that the problem should be fixed within a few days.  

13 REPLIES 13