cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Pulse BYOP Plan

Dynomity
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I signed up for a Pulse plan with BYOP back in June 2019. I'm considering cancelling my account since I can get a similar plan with employee discount with another provider. Since I brought my own phone, would there be any fees for closing the account? I thought I read it might be the greater of $100 or $10/month for the remainder of the contract which my agreement says is 36 months.

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Dynomity,

A BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone ) plan means you have to have your own phone and can not get a subsidy for a phone with these plans. 

If your plan is, in fact, a BYOP plan then you are not in a contract and you can cancel at any time without having to pay any fees.

Keep in mind if you want to keep your number and port it to the new carrier then you have to keep the Fido line active until you port the number over. Once the number is ported it will atomically cancel the Fido line.

You will only be billed for the days you use the service for, if you have a credit on your final bill then Fido will send you a refund.

The refund is sent by cheque to the address on file, It usually takes 3 weeks but can take up to 6 weeks after the final bill is issued. 

Also, payments made by credit card (including Visa Debit / Debit MasterCard) may be refunded to the same credit card if you request it before the automatic cheque refund is issued.