cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

ej9
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On Dec 14, I asked for cancellation on the phone beacause I left Canada permanently. It supposed to be cancelled on Dec 28. My billing cycle was every 10th of the month, then my last payment would be Jan 10th or it is already done?

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @ej9

Once you cancel your account, your final bill will include the partial adjustments (credits) for all of your monthly fees up to the day your services cancel. The usage is also prorated until the deactivation date and may cause extra charges if you go over your allowed usage.

This means that by cancelling on Dec. 28th, 2018, you will have an adjustment on your final bill from that date until Jan. 10th, 2019. Once your final invoice is issued, you will be required to make a final payment or you’ll receive a refund. This will depend on other factors, such as your usage, any device balance (if applicable), etc.

What you need to be aware of, though, is that if there is a credit above $10 left on your account it will be refunded automatically. Refunds will be issued by check 2 weeks after your final invoice is out. The check is mailed to your billing address and the address can be a foreign address too.

Keep in mind that you will retain access to Fido.ca to view your payment and billing history, you will also be able to apply payments (if applicable) or change your billing address if you wish to.

We’re also available at these channels to take a closer look at your account. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here as well.

Hope this clarifies Smiley