cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't upgrade phone and plan

dli
I'm a participant level 2

I'm trying to upgrade online to an iPhone 7, and everytime I try I can only make it to the first page page before getting this error:

We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-481-FIDO (3436)

I've tried different browsers and even tried doing it from mobile, nothing works.
6 REPLIES 6

FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @dli,

Welcome to the Fido Community. 

Since this is specific to your account, we'll send you a PM to see what's going on. 

For any account related inquires, don't hesitate to reach out directly through any other channels for assistance. 

dli

when can I expect a pm?

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @dli

We sent you a PM! 

You can simply click on your profile and will see it there Smiley 

Jughead523
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was trying to get a new phone as well.
i was at a Fido store in Metrotown on Saturday, Dec 1, 2018.

i was told that if i get the medium plan for $55/month which includes 5gb and get a 2 yr term, i can get the Pixel 3 (64gb) for $249.
i went online on Monday night, Dec 3, 2018 to order the phone so to avoid the $35 transaction fee, but the system kept giving me the same error message. Then i went to chat with customer support today, Dec 4, 2018, but now i'm being told that the phone is now $649 for the same medium plan Sad

They told me they can't do anything about the price change.

This is very frustrating!! i really want the phone now and i was willing to buy it asap but the online ordering system kept me from ordering it and now Fido is telling me the price has changed.

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hello @Jughead523, I can confirm that if I log into My Account via Fido.ca, the Pixel 3 64GB is currently $649 on a Medium plan. It may have been a Black Friday/Cyber Monday promotional price at $249. I understand your frustration; I recommend calling phone channel and explaining your circumstance. I recently contacted Fido regarding a similar pricing issue and Fido was very reasonable. Alternatively, you can wait until Boxing Day, perhaps Fido will discount the Pixel 3 and if online still doesn't work, call phone channel that same day and try to resolve via phone. I hope this helps, good luck friend Smiley

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

@Jughead523, Fido is currently offering the Google Pixel 3 64GB for $249 under a 2-year Medium plan for Boxing Week! Grab it while you can!! Very_Happy

Google Pixel 3 - 249 Medium Plan.png