Can't add data top-up. What are my options?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Can't add data top-up. What are my options?

I want to add data to one of my plans but cannot use the top up option - I think it is because I don't have any existing data to top up.

If I change my plan to add data does that mean i start my contract all over again - I don't want to tie into another 24month plan - just want to add data.?

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't add data top-up. What are my options?

Hello Rsanchez5,

Welcome to the community!

While it's true you can't add a Data Top-up if you don't have existing data with your plan, Fido does offer Data Passes. It could be an option depending on your data needs.

If you do decide to change your plan to include data, I believe you should be able to switch to a plan within the same subsidy category.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @rsanchez5 & welcome to the Community!

If you want to add data to your plan and have a postpaid account, you'd need to select either a Pulse plan or a Talk/Text/Data plan. You can check them out here. If you don't have an agreement right now, you can choose a BYOP plan.

Hope this helps. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Hey buddyi @rsanchez5 

its important to know what does your current contract say about changing your plan while in contract .. the problem is not the plan update but the plan attached to a phone on 2 year contract

unless you need a new phone think the sure way is either to pay off the balance of your phone or,,

2. Obtain a confirmed new/amended agreement with Fido that the new plan of your choice can be downgrade or stop at your initial phone contract end date.

Once your phone is paid then you can choose plans in BYOP of course much cheaper + no commitment. Just saying Smiley

Sayonara!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Hello Rsanchez5,

Welcome to the community!

While it's true you can't add a Data Top-up if you don't have existing data with your plan, Fido does offer Data Passes. It could be an option depending on your data needs.

If you do decide to change your plan to include data, I believe you should be able to switch to a plan within the same subsidy category.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4