cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone share their cancellation process here?

thereseee08
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

What is the cancellation steps for Fido?

Apparently they have increased my monthly payment and add some "free data add-ons" that I don't need.

I have called an agent who hangs up the phone after she can't convince me to go for a lower plan or prepaid and that I want to cancel my fido phone line.

I have called another agent saying that I should go to my account after we talk and wait for the cancel. I went to my fido account only to find out that my email address/username/number can not be found. And I received an email that links me here on this community page.

Is this the normal cancellation process? If so, why is it so complicated to talk to the agents and just cancel my line

1 REPLY 1

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @thereseee08,

Welcome to the Fido community!

Sorry to hear about what happened, that's definitely not the way Fido would want you to be treated.

Fido will not increase your monthly payments without prior notice they would notify us of any changes via our invoice.

Only a Fido representative can cancel a line that is something that can not be done through self-serve you would need to contact customer support to have it done. Alternatively, you can send a private message to @FidoSolutions and a moderator here in the community can assist you.