Caller 844 277 6920

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Caller 844 277 6920

I have been getting calls from 844 277 6920 on and off for weeks.  When I pick up, the call ends.

Frustrated, I came online to research and it turns out this is a FIDO number.  I can read from previous posts that FIDO is confused.  Confusion doesn't instill customer confidence; it suggests you don't understand your own environment.

Whatever automated system you are using, please stop it.  It's clearly not behaving as expected.  I work in IT, and am familiar with systems going awry.  What is more annoying is when management/systems staff are aware there is an issue, the issue has been ongoing for almost a year, and still, end users are being annoyed and pestered.  That is Poor Problem Management.

I have resorted to blocking this phone number from my phone.  

So... where does that leave confidence in Fido with its customers?  And, where does that leave Fido in the future if it really does need to call me from that number?  =Communication is broken down.  However, the issue is with FIDO.  FIDO is letting an ineffective system run, damaging its communication with customers, and doing Nothing to fix it.

I have been a customer since 2005.  And in case it's not clear, I am extremely annoyed.   Usually, FIDO is amazing.  Your customer service is unparalleled.  I have sold many of my friends and family on FIDO just because one call does resolve the issue.  However, I have a low tolerance for issues that have been ongoing for a year.  And the only reply to this post that is acceptable is a specific plan/date on how and when FIDO is addressing it.  Don't post the annoying answers I've seen on other posts:  Hmm.  That's strange.  Or Have you stayed on the line?  

Track FIDO's outgoing call logs for that number, note the number of failed calls and deal with this.

Thank you,

C.  Allan  

Accepted Solution

Re: Caller 844 277 6920

Hi @trynittee!

I'm sorry to hear your recent experience with Fido was not a positive one. The number is our telemarketing team and shouldn't disconnect once you pick up. I can definitely understand how upsetting that can be. 

That said, I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the right people. Fido aims at providing top-notch service to all its customers and we appreciate any opportunity that allows us to improve ourselves. 

Moving forward, do you want me to add your number to our Do-Not-Call list? The list is updated every 30 days and is good for 5 years. I do understand that you have blocked the number from your end already. 

I thank you for bringing it to our attention!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 59
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Kind of glad to know that I'm not the only one getting those weird calls, even during the weekends or sometimes late in the night !

I've been called once or twice a day since July, and I still don't understand why.

It is so annoying, I've blocked the number hoping to have some peace now.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 59
Highlighted

Also been receiving these calls. EVERY DAY DARN NEAR! No one ever answers and no one leaves a voicemail. It just disconnects. It is incredibly annoying and I see that it appears to be a common issue with Fido. Please resolve. This is a great way to pester your customers and make them switch companies.....

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 59
Highlighted

I am having similar issues from the same number. This is extremely annoying amazingly when I looked up the troublesome number it leads me to fido, my provider and this forum. 

Please make the hang up calls from you stop so I don't have to block you entirely. It's ridiculous! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 59
Highlighted

Hey @Innerprace

We certainly don't wish for you to feel this way! If you want to stop receiving calls from our telemarketing team, just contact us and we'll remove you from the list. You can also register to the Do Not Call List through here.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 10 business days for this to process.

We can also send you a PM right here if that's what you'd like.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 59
Highlighted

Also received 4 calls from that number today (10 am, 1 pm, 3 pm & just now 4:44pm), I googled the number to see if I should add it to the spam filter and was surprised to see this number been owned by Fido.

Why do they call us if they do not talk on the line? I mean, even if I answer it’s dead silent...somewhat annoying to receive these calls at work, it is feeling like someone is stalking me 😛

Likely my number was pulled into some robot call and it lists no offers for my number and then it goes radio silent when I pick up the phone?

...very annoying but ironic they called while I was typing this message, why always radio silent?!?!!?.Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 59
Highlighted

Missed the call earlier today and just wondering what you guys wanted to offer Happy

How do I follow-up?

Thanks

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 59
Highlighted

Hello @igorcv,

This is a company calling on behalf of Fido you will have to wait for them to call back.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 59
Highlighted

call from 844 277 6920

I keep getting calll from this num and i answer the call and nobody responds and it disconnects after 5 seconds 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 59
Highlighted

Re: call from 844 277 6920

Hey @Srs1! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

I've moved your post here, as it will have all the answer you seek.

I hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 59 of 59