cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANADA WIDE WEEKDAY MINUTES

Jasdeol41
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a question so if i make a call from 7 am to 5 pm my minutes will be deducted but if I receive a call within that time does it still deduct my minutes??????

and if i make international calls over internet does that affect my minutes by any chance?

2 REPLIES 2

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Jasdeol41

Did @Cawtau's reply help? 

Keep us posted Smiley 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jasdeol41,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, the Canada-wide minutes should more aptly be considered Airtime minutes which include Canadian LD (from Canada to Canadian numbers).

With Local calling plans, a call from Vancouver, BC to St John's, NL would be charged Airtime minutes + LD. On the other hand, with Canada-wide calling plans, the same call would not be charged additional LD because the long-distance would already be included with those minutes. However, if you made an international call with either type of plan minutes, both plans would deduct minutes (Local or Canada-wide) plus charge international LD. Canada-wide minutes are not strictly for use in Canada.

Now, to answer your questions. Both incoming and outgoing calls are considered Airtime (plus any applicable long-distance or LD charges) so if your make or receive a call during those times, they will deduct from your minutes.

@Jasdeol41 wrote:...if i make international calls over internet does that affect my minutes by any chance?

Are you referring to Wifi-calling or some other internet calling? With Wifi-calling, all outgoing messages and calls to non-Canadian numbers will be charged based on the rates in your plan (see here). So Wifi-calling international calls would deduct from your minutes as well as charge international LD. You should note that when in Canada, all incoming and outgoing messages and calls that are to or from a Canadian number will also be taken from your voice minutes and messaging limits included in your monthly plan.

On the other hand, if you're referring to other internet calling such as Whatsapp, those services would not affect any allotted minutes. Though, you should make sure the calls go through the apps and not as a call over the cellular networks.

**edit** You might also find this post helpful, though your plan may not include all of the features mentioned**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers