cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar the scam

Manav123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This is the worst insurance company anyone will ever be with. All they know is how to do scams and all. All they are interested in is money. All telling because of my personal experience with them. I lost my phone about a month and half ago and they told me to submit one document as a address proof, and eventually i did now they are asking about 4 more documents. One of them is police report, and it takes more than a month. But they dont care about anything. As i said before all they want is money. I havent got my device even i have already paid them. I dont understand why in the hell fido is with this company. Fido is also loosing its reputation because of these scaming companies.

5 REPLIES 5

Popking346
I'm a participant level 2

I lost my phone 3 months ago and have been on more than 20 calls with them...for a 5 business day phone replacement all i have gotten is 3 months of waiting and still excuses on why my claim is being rejected. The operator misconfused my reason and caused me weeks and i made her fixed it and they still messed it up so im still waiting on the day they will get their stuff straight and get me my phone. WORST INSURANCE EVER

Popking346

its been almost a month and a half and over 30 phone calls. they literally never stop giving excuses. now i have to wait 4 more business days..another 2 business days if approved..then another week for the phone to ship out IF they approve which they probably wont because they will find some excuse. DO NOT GET BRIGHTSTAR

Hey @Popking346! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience so far. I can certainly understand your frustration.

Hopefully, they'll approve your request and you'll get your new device soon. If you have any questions or concerns, you can request a PM from us here in the community and we'll be happy to help.

Hey @Popking346

I'm sad to read your experience with Brightstar was not a good one. I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this with you!

Talk to you soon!

FidoPamela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Manav123

Welcome to the Community! 

We most definitely want your experience to be a positive one. Depending on the situation, additional documents can be requested. A police report is pretty standard when it comes to stolen phones. 

I'll be happy to share your feedback with the team in charge so we can assess if that's a process that can be improved in the future. 

If you have provided all the documents requested and still need help don't hesitate to reach out, we're here to help!