Billing issues

I'm a Participant Level 1 Abhi0524
I'm a Participant Level 1

Billing issues

Hii I am Abhishek. I took Fido services on Aug20 th from bestbuy Ottawa Canada. The plan I took is $55. They told that it will include 9Gb free data, 1000 minutes international calling and also unlimited calls to Canada and U.S.A. They didn’t inform me about the service charges. Now the bill came out to be like $149 which includes service charges of $35 and some international calling charges of $35. Its too much on their side they didn’t inform me about anything. They just told about the you will get bill of $55. Am a student and how can I pay that huge amount. Please look in to this and give me reply.

Accepted Solution

Re: Billing issues

Hi @Abhi0524!

Welcome to Fido and to Fido Community Smiley 

First bill always includes a $35 set up fee unless you sign up online. The service agreement that you signed at the store would have mentionned that fee. 

As for the international calls, they are to Australia, Bangladesh, China (includes Macau), Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. If you called a country other than these or if you exceeded your long distance minutes, overage charges do apply. 

You can contact us here if you are having a hard time understanding the bill or if you want, I can send you a PM. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Solution

Hi @Abhi0524!

Welcome to Fido and to Fido Community Smiley 

First bill always includes a $35 set up fee unless you sign up online. The service agreement that you signed at the store would have mentionned that fee. 

As for the international calls, they are to Australia, Bangladesh, China (includes Macau), Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Mexico, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. If you called a country other than these or if you exceeded your long distance minutes, overage charges do apply. 

You can contact us here if you are having a hard time understanding the bill or if you want, I can send you a PM. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
MVP
MVP

Hello Abhi0524,

Welcome to the community!

You might also consider verifying the details of your plan via My Account. I'm not aware of any Fido plans which include unlimited calls to Canada and US.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3