Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Dates vs actually receiving them

Billdates
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there,

I have found you are dating my bills on the 21st of each month but then they are not available for at least 4 up to 7 days at a time.  Why does it take so long to post them and is it quicker to have them mailed out?  I think the bills should be dated the day they are actually available. Perhaps if the bill is late and the payment is equally late that would be okay too?  Just saying... does not seem fair.

12 REPLIES 12

Luyao1
I'm a participant level 1

I received the bill by email which said "Your fido Bill is Ready" on Wednesday. Then, I clicked the bottom  "Make A Payment" and logged into my account. There showed the CURRENT BALANCE of $0.00. When can I get my bill and make a payment? I do not want to delay to affect my credit score.

Hey @Luyao1 !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

There can sometimes be a delay for the online account balance to reflect a new bill, but you should always have time for it to appear before the required payment date.

Does it show up for you now? 

If not, please reach out to customer service, who'll be glad to look into this with you! 

britcol18

My cycle is from 10th to 9th and my last bill was for the cycle ending Apr 9th (paid on Apr 18th). I did not get a bill for May yet. Is Fido experiencing delays?

Hey @britcol18

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I have moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic.

As explained by FidoAmanda, your invoice is published about a week after your closing date, a normal delay can take up to 8 days. 

However, sometimes, a delay can be expected. Rest assured though, your due date is adjusted accordingly in the case of any additional delays.

Hope this helps Smiley

LeslyG

I was told my phone bill will be generated today yet my account says that my balance is $0. 

Hey @LeslyG!

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same subject.

When did your billing cycle end? As you can see from the solution above it can take up to 8 days after your billing cycle ends for your bill to be released. 

Billdates

Hi there,

Thank you.  Just one thing... my bill date is normally on the 21st, for May that was a Sunday and it is now the 26th yet  I still do not see my bill :-/.  If I am counting properly then that has the 2 to 5 days covered.  Should it not be there today? 21 + 5 = 26?.  How come the amount due at least does not get reflected in the summary on my account when I log in.  If it isn't in tomorrow do I have to wait until Monday? Let me see... 21 - 29 = 8 days.  My math might be off.  I normally do not wait 3 weeks to pay but perhaps I should squeeze every last day out of sending my payment going forward so the money sits in my account longer.  I guess your parent company "Rogers" does have enough money anyways LOL.  I will be sending my complaint to CRTC since this seems to me to be bad billing practice in this day of computing.  You don't print them and then have someone scanning them in to be downloaded... do you?  The delay takes the average of 6 days off the time you are permitting me to pay.  This bill I expect to be due the 17Jun which takes me from having 27 days down to, at current, 22 days and tomorrow it will be 21 days exactly 3 weeks.  My point is if you cannot get your bills uploaded within a day of the date it is, supposedly generated then you should have the date of the bill changed to be 3 weeks prior to the billing date.  This is frustrating when I am waiting for my bill to pay. Is there any way I can send you messages that my bill is late?  I hear you send text messages to people when they are getting close to being late.

Frustrated Fido customer on delayed  billings.

Hey @Billdates,

I get where you're coming from, as well as your frustration! Really sorry to learn that your invoice is still not available.

Your feedback is much appreciated as we're constantly trying to improve our practices and services and I'll make sure to forward it to the concerned department.

Just a small clarification, it can take up to 7 regular days for the invoice to be generated by the system and the due date is 27 days after the end date of your cycle. If ever there's a longer than usual delay, the due date will be adjusted accordingly for the month, of course.

I'll send you a PM shortly to take a closer look at your account, we'll talk soon Smiley

Vancouver-

I share your frustration, been waiting for my bill for 6 days now and nothing, I need it for something else though, I have used bell and Telus before, I usually get the bill next day after billing cycle, I guess the only explanation here is incompetence at Fido’s end coz all they need is a sold program that any junior programmer can produce is less than a day. They either don’t have competent IT staff or it’s a failure from management to address the issue. 

Hey Vancouver-!

Welcome to the Community!

Don't worry, the delay is normal. Processing time is required between the end of your billing cycle and bill availability online for validation purposes.

You will be able to see your bill online within a maximum of 8 days after your billing close date.

You will receive an email notification each month when your bill is ready. 

Your payment due date will always be 27 days after the end date of your previous billing cycle unless there are adidtional delays, in which case, the due date would be adjusted accordingly.

Billdates

Look forward to your improved practices and services and appreciate the forward to the correct department... Let them know... I want to give them money for my bill... I just do not know yet how much or if it matches my usage logging.  

I have to say WOW!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!  LOL!! up to 7 days before your system can generate a bill to reflect on the account seem a little long. I can understand 2 or 3 days maximum but a week I do not understand. Once the account period ends, the system should calculate and gather all data so there is one day, uploading information into bill format sure there is another so it should be available after 3rd day for sure, and dated as such.  I still also do not understand why you put a billing date on that is days, up to a week, earlier than it was actual is "Available".  Invoices should be dated the day they are "generated" and made "available.  I just checked an no bill is available yet... nor is there an amount due reflecting on my account. Does the balance have to wait for a system generation to tie to uploaded invoice or can it at least be updated until the bill is available for download? My account still shows only last months bill available  with my zero balance owing on a due date of 19May. Can that not at least show the next due date, balance.. anything more current? LOL! Oh well... I cannot pay until I see a bill... so wait I will... wait I must... after all...  what choice do I have Confused

Wanting to pay my bill... just in a holding pattern.. sigh LOL

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Billdates & welcome to the Community. Smiley

Your bill is always made available 2-5 days following the end of your billing cycle. You then have approximately 3 weeks to make a payment. Having them mailed out would take a little more time to receive since you have to take into consideration mailing delays with Canada Post.

Hope this helps. Cheers!