cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware - BILLING SURPRISES when upgrading your plan

flight
I'm a participant level 3

When you upgrade your plan at one of FIDO's stores/Dealers such as Samsung Canada, make sure to check if there are any "Setup Service Fee" in return for upgrading your plan.

I was shocked by this fee, and apparently, if you upgrade your plan online, this fee is waived which I knew about it late!

No consideration what so ever whether you are a loyal long subscribed customer or not!!!

5 REPLIES 5

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @flight,

This fee applies for all new activations and hardware upgrades performed in store or with a customer service rep. As you mentioned, this fee is only waived if you perform your upgrade through self-serve means on Fido.ca. 

This fee is not something that can be waived if you upraded your device in a store or with a customer service rep, but, that said, it comes with help from our in-store experts to setup your new device, should you need it, within 15 days of receiving your new device.

I hope this clarifies things!

flight

Thanks Amanda! I would have expected to be informed of such fee before signing the contract, not after getting the bill. If it cannot be waived, at least a credit could be made for a loyal customer? 

Hey @flight,

We truly appreciate your loyalty and want to be transparent with our customers. The agent in store would've provided you with an agreement either by paper or email where the fee should be mentioned..

Did you get a chance to check it out?

As much as we'd love to, the fee applies to everyone that upgrades their phone through customer service or in store and it's not possible to have it waived unless the upgrade was completed online on our website.

flight

At least it can be credited for a loyal customer (have 2 lines by the way). Anyway, it is obvious how FIDO's negative service is when it comes to keeping and strengthening relationship with loyal customers!!!

Thank you!

Hey @flight

I am sad to see you feel this way. I assure you that we definitely value all of our customers and especially appreciate our long-time customers. We often create specific tailored promotions that become available to our long-time customers. 

That being said, when it comes to this administrative fee, it's applicable for every everyone.