cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been w/Fido since 1993 - my "offer" was NOT an offer...

CB10-4
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

On August 13, 2020, I received the following text from Fido:

"Hi XXXXXXXXX, it's Fido. We love having you as a customer. And to prove it, we'll shave up to $100 off the remaining balance of your current device so you can upgrade early to a new phone with Fido Payment Program. Head on over to fido.ly/loyal and check out all the amazing phone deals we've got going on. Offer ends August 28, 2020 and is exclusively for customer xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Questions? fido.ca/contactus. Reply STOP to opt out of Fido text msgs."

I went and checked my remaining balance on my current device - it was "$0"...so up to $100 off my remaining balance is an offer of nothing off my current device...which was actually eligible for an upgrade last year (I've had it for 3+ years now - I'm eligible for upgrades every 2 years).  

After 37 years of being a loyal customer, I expect more.  I'm currently mulling an offer through my workplace WorkPerks program from Telus which looks like a much better deal than what Fido is prepared to offer me. 

So...bottom line time...what is Fido prepared to offer me?  

1 REPLY 1

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @CB10-4, we'll be happy to discuss this with you further through PM. Is that something that would interest you?