Are sms saved onto original SIM?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 Lisa03
I'm a Participant Level 1

Are sms saved onto original SIM?

Hi, I went on vacay for 3 weeks using overseas SIM. When I came back, my Fido sim was scratched. It used to show the carrier as "Rogers Wireless" on my phone. Had to get a new SIM, and it shows carrier is FIDO now. Friend said she texted me while I was away, but no message came up after putting my new SIM in (same number). Is it possible that the "network" says Fido and her message is still saved on Rogers network? or the old SIM? Or probably she never sent that text and is jusy lying about it - possible? Usually, as long as the phone number is correct, previously unreceived texts should still be coming through once I put a SIM back in. Thoughts on this?

Accepted Solution

Re: Are sms saved onto original SIM?

Hello @Lisa03,

If you had your Fido SIM out of the phone and not connected to a network for 3 weeks it could be possible that the message expired because it could not be delivered.

From what I can recall I believe the messages remains on the server for 72 hours and it will try to resend the message within that time but after 72 hours it could expire and not be delivered at all.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1
Solution

Hello @Lisa03,

If you had your Fido SIM out of the phone and not connected to a network for 3 weeks it could be possible that the message expired because it could not be delivered.

From what I can recall I believe the messages remains on the server for 72 hours and it will try to resend the message within that time but after 72 hours it could expire and not be delivered at all.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4

Hey @Lisa03,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I would like to confirm what @KAPABLE-K mentioned. Once a text message is sent, it waits in the queue in the server to be delivered. However, after a while, the server gets refreshed and if the SMS hasn't been successfully delivered by then, it expires, which means you would not receive it after.

Hope this helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
I'm Experienced Level 1
I'm Experienced Level 1

in the future better to use text apps like social media (aka whatsapp, better to use wechat)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation