cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding lines to my account for my kids?

Sticks74
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I would like to add 2 additional lines to my account for my kids. The one phone that was choosen is a certified preowned, are these only offered online? There is no Fido store in my city so I went to Bestbuy and was told that I can not get a preowned phone there from them. Would a fido kiosk store happen to carry these preowned phones? Secondly my son currently has a phone and service with a different provider, I want to get him a new phone and plan with Fido so I only receive 1 cell phone bill. Could his current number be ported over? Is there a way to do this 0nline? Do I need to call? Or do I need to go to a store? Just looking for the easiest possible way to get this done.

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Sticks74

To answer your questions, your request to add 2 more lines will require access to your account. Once everything goes through, we'll reserve a temporary Fido number for your son and then port in his current number to our network.

You would definitely need to reach out to us to have those lines activated since Certified Pre-owned devices are only available through the Call Centre or online (Fido.ca). That being said, new line activations cannot be done online!

As you may also already know, Certified Pre-owned devices are usually devices that customers returned to us. We cannot sell them as new because the customer opened the box. Though, all Certified Pre-owned devices have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee and a device warranty ranging from 6 to 12 months, depending on the manufacturer.

To get started you simply need to reach out to us at these channels, however I'll be sending you a PM. We can definitely assist you with your request and go over the available offers. Talk to you soon Smiley