Activation Fee

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1 APQ
I'm a Participant Level 1

Activation Fee

I'm really disappointed. I just signed up for another 2 year plan for the third time and the activation fee won't get waived. 

They waived the fee 2 years ago with a call and now there's no way.

Thanks for being loyal to me. I will seriously think about the fourth time.

Accepted Solution

Re: Activation Fee

Hey @APQ,

Welcome to the Community!

Real sorry to learn that you're disappointed with your recent experience Sad

This $35 one-time fee helps cover costs associated with processing your service request.

As much as we'd really love to remove it, it is not possible to do so if you're upgrading your device in store or through Customer Service. I assure you though that this doesn't take anything away from our appreciation for your loyalty and that we'd be really sad if ever you decided to leave us!

The good news are that we do have an offer to waive this one-time fee for customers who order their device online through self-serve only (on Fido.ca).

If you wish to avoid the fee in the future, that would be the way to go about it Smiley

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Solution

Hey @APQ,

Welcome to the Community!

Real sorry to learn that you're disappointed with your recent experience Sad

This $35 one-time fee helps cover costs associated with processing your service request.

As much as we'd really love to remove it, it is not possible to do so if you're upgrading your device in store or through Customer Service. I assure you though that this doesn't take anything away from our appreciation for your loyalty and that we'd be really sad if ever you decided to leave us!

The good news are that we do have an offer to waive this one-time fee for customers who order their device online through self-serve only (on Fido.ca).

If you wish to avoid the fee in the future, that would be the way to go about it Smiley

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Unfortunely there is no way around getting the activation fee waived other than doing the upgrade on-line and not talk to a single person in the process.

If you decide to switch carriers just because of $25 dollars, there is no one stopping you.  Keep in mind that other carriers might be doing the same thing or charge fees for other things so you might end up paying more.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 mrshighgame

I have signed up a new mobile account at a Fido booth at Rockwood Mall in Sep 2017.  I was promised the $25 activation fee would be waived, on a pay first and rebate later basis (stated on an invoice).  The Dealership Manager, Prerna Sharma of WDNA.ca, has been giving me excuses for eight months, blaming Fido head office's failure to issue the rebate.  This is a case where I was lied to about the rebate and not advised the $25 would not be waived up front.  A case of fraud?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Former Moderator FidoJulien
Former Moderator

Hey @mrshighgame

Welcome to the community Smiley

What you're describing is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our customers.  As we explained, the transaction fee cannot be waived.  However, I'd like to take a look into this with you so we can figure out what happened.

I'll send you a PM soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
I'm a Participant Level 1 zzz123

This is such a scam! My experience was similar in that I tried to add a 2nd line to my moblie account online BUT there is NO option to do this! When I contacted tech support they said I will have to buy the plan through the online chat. So I did that... Under the chat window it says "If you are looking to upgrade we will waive the $35 fee when you buy online" one would think great. I am at my computer and I'am buying it online!

I also confirmed with my agent Ambrin that the $35 fee will be waived after the first bill. Great I said.

The bill comes and I see the $35 fee so again I go to the online chat and this time Pierrette tells me sorry sir there is no note in your profile to waive the fee. Since you bought the plan through the chat this doesn't qualify as buying online. Buying online is self-serve only. I couldn't believe it. I saved my chat with Ambrin and when I posted it, it wasn't even acknowledged by Pierrette. They kept saying it is not our policy to do this!

My question is: Is it your policy Fido to falsly advertise to customers? To falsly promise prices for fees and plans? To play dumb when evidence is provided? How can any of this be possible??? Why as a customer do I have to be scammed at every corner? These issues are a crime and legal action could be taken. But of course who is going to touch a billion dollar company.

I am posting this for others to see and be aware. I will be calling up the chain to Fido later to find out at which point was I lied to and that proper action be taken with that employee.    

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Hello @zzz123 and welcome to the Community.

Based on what you explained here, I do understand why you would be surprised about this charge coming up on your invoice. Also, this is definitely not the experience that we want for our customers.

I can confirm that upgrading your online means that your ordered your device on Fido.ca

I would like to take a look at what was discussed so far on your account. For future reference, you do have the option to to contact us directly through our channels here for anything related to your account

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7