Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$1017.19 bill

Marcus90
I'm a participant level 2

As the title says my bill is at $1017.19

I work in a industry that I have to use my phone and applications on a daily basis that use data. I believe I have  maximised my monthly bill and data costs, for my month to month payments. 

Dating back to October/November 2019. I went over my data fees and needed to keep my services in order to perform the day to day tasks for my career. 

At the time I also started taking legal action regarding family law. I dont need to tell you that a lawyer costs a small fortune ($3000 retention fee). 

Due to the circumstances I have started to fall behind on my bill, making every effort possible, ( Calling in, Speaking with customer service, Setting up payment arrangements, Talking with client Retention) in order to assist in this bill. 

I made a payment arrangement for $217 on February 15th 2020. I was unable to keep that arrangement because of a family emergency, that I had to book a last minute flight for. As well as setting up arrangements for my daughter. 

I believe I have made every effort to resolve this and no longer know what to do, in order to maintain services with Fido. 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Marcus90, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I really hope that everything is alright regarding your emergency.

We understand that sometimes things can get in the way and staying up to date with invoices can get tough. We do want to do whatever is within our control to help.

Have you contacted credit operations to let them know what happened and this is why the arrangement was not honoured? They'd have to update that in the system and look into setting up a new one.

Another thing we can do is ensure you have a plan that fits your needs. We can always review your plan options to see if there's anything better, all you have to do is contact us or let us know and we'll PM you here on the Community Smiley

Marcus90

I have tried to work with fido as much ad possible, they are only accepting very large payments due to the amount and time over due. My 3 month old daughter is a priority over a phone bill. Looks like I might just have to get a new phone plan with different service provider and pay this over time

Hey @Marcus90

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.

Talk to you soon!

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Marcus90,

Sorry to hear about your current situation and I hope every is okay in regards to the family emergency.

At this point things do not look good for you. The only option you have is to speak with Fido and see if they are will to work out something with you again. 

Even if you couldn't full fill your current payment arrangement try to pay something even if it's $40 by not making any payment Fido will lose trust.

I hope everything works out for you.