Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 international minutes charged

h-i
I'm a participant level 3

Hi there, 

I have been using fido for almost 3 years now and this month my bill added upto 134.97. I have 1000 international minutes in my plan and I was charged for international calls soon after I used up only 651 minutes. My contract says - 500 canadawide minutes, unlimited evening and weekends and 1000 international calls. Is this some kind of trick? I never expected this from Fido. Moreover to my surprise they do not have a customer support email address, they want their customers to solve the matter on some online portal. I am totally upset and not at all going to reccomend Fido service to anyone... Never expected this. Might as well change the service provider. 

15 REPLIES 15

jharwai
I'm a participant level 2

I am being charged $688 which is a cheating . Even if 1000 min plan expired- u should be logical ..

Zaildar

Same thing they did to me. Then they say only for these countries but don't tell that when you buy the plan. Totally fraud and making money then they say we can't do anything.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @h-i,

You said your plan has 500 Canada wide minutes and you used 651 minutes so it could be that you were charged for going over your 500 minutes. Even though you have 1000 international minutes if you go over your monthly anytime minutes you will be charged for the extra 151 minutes at the rate set out in your plan. 

From what I can see the current rate is 50 cent for minute.

h-i
But if thats the case then isnt it like misleading a customer as, nothing like that is mentioned under my account or on the contract that I recieved from Fido when I activated this plan. Thats like deicieving the customer. :pouting_face:

Andi09
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I was also charged in this plan. Certain countries are not specified in the agreement. 

** Edited to remove picture as it contains personal information** 

Hello again,

Have you viewed your bill to see what the are charges? You can do so using My Account and View Bill. It should detail the additional charges -- whether they were for international long-distance (LD) or going over your Anytime airtime allocation. **edit** You should note that LD calls are billed by the minute and airtime charges apply (see Full details here). So a call to one of those countries (aside from evenings and weekends) counts against both your international minutes (LD) and 500 minutes (airtime). If you used up all of your Anytime minutes, you would have been charged for additional airtime** You should also note that incoming calls (regardless of origin) also count as airtime against your Anytime limit.

If you would like someone to go over your bill with you, your best option is to send a moderator a PM so they can access your account details or contact customer service via these other methods here.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey h-i!

Both KAPABLE-K and Cawtau are correct! 

When placing long distance calls, airtime applies as well. You can also check out the details about how long distance calls are bill under our terms and conditions here.

Let us know if you'd like us to go over your bill with you and we'll send you a PM. 

Hello @h-i,

Its neither misleading or deceiving anyone.

The 1000 minutes of free international calls means you can talk up to 1000 minutes without being charged international long distance rates.

You however still only have 500 minutes a month to be used during the day, if you go over that 500 minutes you will be billed regular rates instead of international rates if you make an international call. So you have to monitor your daytime usage and make sure you don't go over.

Urs

Its neither misleading or deceiving anyone.

I absolutely disagree. I have the same plan and already had the same issue. My plan states 500 Canada wide minutes, and 1000 long distance minutes to 7 selected countries. So why are the long distance minutes taken from the Canada wide minutes?!? After I have been charged for additional minutes I looked into my contract and found somewhere deep in the text something about "airtime". But it was not apparent at all from how the plan was marketed!

After that, I would never recommend Fido to anybody.

Urs

Hey @Urs

Sorry to hear you say that.

We have a thread here that shows the list of selected countries  included in the plan you are talking about.

Your long distance calls can't be deducted to your Canada Wide calling calls. Only long distance to Canada can be deducted from this feature.

I would be happy to go over your bill with you to see what happened. I would send you a quick PM.

Or you can always find us through our other channels here.

Let us know Smiley

Hello Urs,

Welcome to the community!

It's unfortuntate that you did not understand the way long-distance (LD) calls are charged. As noted above, LD calls are billed by the minute and airtime charges apply (see Full details here and Terms & Conditions)

@FidoKenny I don't think Urs wants the long-distance calls to be deducted from their Canada-wide minutes. I believe the issue stems from the minutes being called 500 Canada-wide minutes. In fact, I think they are 500 Anytime minutes which include Canada-wide calling. The former implies that those 500 minutes are reserved for within calls Canada. As such, making 600 minutes of calls to one of the 7 countries would leave 500 Canada-wide minutes and 400 minutes of International minutes.

However, I believe they are Anytime minutes with Canada-wide calling. Using the same example, making 600 minutes of calls to one of the 7 countries results in 100 minutes overage and 400 minutes of international minutes.

@Urs I do understand where the confusion came from. However, even if those 500 minutes were strictly for within Canada, your calls using your 1000 international LD minutes would still have been charged Airtime per minute.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Urs

I totally understand it, but I believe it's deceiving.

My contract states that 500 Canada-wide minutes and 1000 International minutes to 8 selected country are included. This is copied and pasted directly from my account:

Features:

• 1000 International Long Distance Minutes to 8 Selected Countries
  • 500 CanadaWide Weekday Minutes (7am to 5pm)

To me, it implies that I have both, and not 1000 international minutes that are deducted from either Canada-wide calling or additional Airtime that I have to pay. Anyway, I don't think that my message here changes anything, but the comment that it's neither misleading or deceiving by Kapable-K annoyed me (I found it fairly rude to the other user).

h-i
All my international calls are dialled in one of the 7 countries listed.. its just a trick and way of harassing a customer. I would NEVER RECCOMEND THIS KIND OF COMPANY TO ANYONE .. fickle and not trustable..

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello H-i,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, the 1000 international call minutes are only to a select number of countries (see here). The international calls you have been charged for, were they to one of those countries?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

h-i
All the calls are in same country.. my country is one of the 7 in the list