Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$100 Amazon.ca Gift Card

yz1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

Just saw this promotion regarding the $100 Amazon.ca Gift Card on your website and wonder if I qualify: earlier this year I bought a Samsung Galaxy A5 with a 2-year fido plan. 

Thank you!

37 REPLIES 37

littleha

Hi, I upgraded my plan and a new phone on Dec 29th and have yet to recieve the Amazon gift card. I tried chat last week and the issue is still not rectified and have no info as to why. I upgraded from a BYOP to a 2yr medium plan and a Samsung S8 phone. Any info would be appreciated. 

Hey @littleha

Thanks for posting Smiley 

The gift card is usually sent via email within 10 business days from the date of the upgrade. 

In order to check out the status of the gift card, I'll need to access your account. 

I'm sending a PM your way! Talk to you soon! 

Mhwill22
I'm a participant level 2

Speechless I upgrade my phone January 5 and still didn't received my card . It was there when I order it for my lg 7 one ! So much problem to even get my phone ! Am sure there's gonna be a problem there too and suddenly I won't be eligible! 🤯

Hey @Mhwill22!

Has this been sorted out?

If you still need to check which plan tier you are on, you can check out your plan details in the My Account app under the Plan tab.

Hey @Mhwill22!

Welcome to the Community!

You are correct that the $100 Amazon.ca gift card offer was available for new activations and hardware upgrades with the LG 7 One between December 13th and January 5th. This would mean that you definitely upgraded while this offer was still ongoing. 

This offer was offered for upgrades on in-market Small and Medium tier plans only. Did you upgrade your device with a Small or Medium tier plan?

Let us know!

Mhwill22

No I didn't received anything it's more than 10 days . And yes I did upgrade my plan for a medium 😤

Mhwill22

Hi there yes I upgrade with a medium plan ... Still didn't received my 100$ gift card Amazone 😤

Let's have a look at your account @Mhwill22

Sending you a PM. 

Tucciwoodsoul

Ive been waiting for over a month... agents are telling i should be receiving an email from amazon and others are telling me Fido.. I spoke to 6 different agents.. i dont think im going to get this amazon card.:(

Hey @Tucciwoodsoul

Let's check it out together and see what happened! I'll send you a PM here in just a moment. 

Chat soon Smiley 

Koyz

Hi, 

I signed for a new phone on December 26th and I still haven't received my amazon gift card. The phone I got was a S8 Samsung. I went back to the retail store once about 3 weeks ago and theh told me another 2 weeks.. And here I am still no news about my gift card.

Could someone help me out here @Fidosupport

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Koyz

The Amazon eGift Card is sent by email after 10 business days.

You didn't receive any email regarding this to your email address associated with your Fido Account? Make sure to look in the Junk mails also

If not, you can definitely contact us so we have a look at this with you Smiley

FidoSaira

Hey @yz1

This promotion is available to all customers upgrading with certain devices during the Black Friday promotions. It is unfortunately not possible to apply it on an already upgraded line.

All customers upgrading with the following devices and plan tiers can benefit from this offer:

• Samsung A8: Small & Medium
  • Samsung A5: Small
  • LG G6: Small & Medium
  • LG Q6: Small
  • LG Q Stylo +: Small & Medium
  • Huawei P20 Lite: Small

This offer is only available in branded retail locations and on fido.ca.

VS77

Hi, 

i signed up with Fido and got one of the phones listed that is eligible for the $100 Amazon gift card. It’s been over 10 business days since I signed up have yet to get the gift card. From what I read the gift card code was to be emailed, but nothing yet. Has anyone else got theirs yet?

jmoi

I am in the same situation (i.e., viewed the promo online and upgraded).  I haven't received the $100 Amazon gift card yet, so I started an online chat with fido this afternoon.  They explained based on some technicality of my plan being a "loyalty plan", I won't get the Gift Card.  They offered me a $25 credit, which was insulting to me, as it was clearly a bait and switch promo, and very misleading at best.  I told the operator to keep the $25 credit.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jmoi!

We can definitely understand where you're coming from here! We know how important it is to get the best deals out there when upgrading your device. 

Sadly, certain offers, like this one, are only available when upgrading your device on an in-market plan, the plans you can see on Fido.ca. As with all promotions we offer, there are some terms/requirements in order to be eligible to benefit from the offer. 

You can always click on SEE FULL DETAILS next to the promo you're interested in to see all the requirements. Our promos will all be listed on our Promo page here.

@Othbard Thaks for sharing what worked for you! It'll definitely help out the Community.

Julzj21

Hi

I upgraded my phone during the promotion of receiving an amazon gift card. I still have not received my gift card and it's been over 10 business days. 

Can you tell me when I will be getting my card.

Thank you

Hello @Julzj21

After 10 business days, you should definitely have received your 100 Amazon.ca eGift Card. It's important to provide a valid email address since there's no physical card option.

How did you do your order? Was it at the customer service? One of our stores? Or on Fido.ca?

Let me know.

bellomogg

hi, 

i ordered my samsung galaxy S8 on December 30th, and the promotion was $100 Amazon gift Card. i still havent received it.

please confirm when i should receive it?

thank you  

Hello @bellomogg and welcome to the Community Smiley

I moved your post here since it's about the same topic.

I can understand why you would be concerned.

Did you make your order on Fido.ca?