cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi modem does not turn on internet light

Jiho1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

There is no outlet on the wall to connect the cox cable to the condo I live in. So I bought an outlet power bar from Amazon, converted it and plugged it in the cable, but to no avail. How can I get my modem to have internet light on?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jiho1,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Home Internet. Are there no coaxial outlets at all in your condo? Do you have a television with cable?

@Jiho1 wrote:...So I bought an outlet power bar from Amazon, converted it and plugged it in the cable, but to no avail. ...

Unfortunately, unless connected to a coaxial wall outlet, power bar wouldn't be able to provide any proper signal for internet. Typically, people would use those power bars with coaxial inputs as surge or signal protectors. However, they do still need to connect to a coaxial from the wall. Without connecting to a wall coaxial, they are not able to convert ordinary power into internet signal.

If Fido was able to send you the modem, that would suggest that there is a coaxial outlet somewhere in the condo. You might consider contacting your building management to see whether Rogers services the building and where the coaxial outlet would most likely be located. You might also need to contact Fido's Technical Support. While most condo or apartment units would already be pre-wired for services, they might need to turn on those services from outside of the units.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers