cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happen if I don't have Roger's cable TV?

Paulclo
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I would like to sign up with Fido's home internet, but currently, I am using Bell's reseller ISP and I do not have cable TV. Can I still sign up? Will there be any additional charge to activate in my situation?

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Paulclo As long as you have the cable to your house (you do not need to have any cable services) as long as the cable is there you can get the Internet and hook it up yourself. If there is no cable then a technician will have to come out to you and run a cable to your house.

Hello Paulclo,

Welcome to the community!

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@Paulclo As long as you have the cable to your house (you do not need to have any cable services) as long as the cable is there you cab get the Internet and hook it up yourself. If there is no cable then a technician will have to come out to you and run a cable to your house.

That assumes Rogers services your area. If a different company supplies cable services to your house, then unfortunately, you won't be able to get Fido internet.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

@Cawtau wrote:

Hello Paulclo,

Welcome to the community!

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

@Paulclo As long as you have the cable to your house (you do not need to have any cable services) as long as the cable is there you cab get the Internet and hook it up yourself. If there is no cable then a technician will have to come out to you and run a cable to your house.

That assumes Rogers services your area. If a different company supplies cable services to your house, then unfortunately, you won't be able to get Fido internet.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

As long as the cable is there you can get Internet from any provider that supplies cable Internet providing they supply to your area. It does not matter who service the area eg. If Rogers built the infrastructure in your area and you want to get Internet from a different provider that provider pays a fee to rent the line to supply you with Internet. 

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?mthd=tp&crtr.page=1&nid=1004669&crtr.tp1D=1

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

... provider that supplies cable Internet providing they supply to your area.

Hello,

That was my point. 

Cheers