cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get money back after service canceled

realist
I'm a participant level 2

I was Fido Home Internet client for number of years. Unfortunately they started to follow Rogers shoes and increase monthly payment as way to show appreciation for their long time clients. I have canceled service and returned modem on March 29. On April 11 I have received final.bill stating that Fido suppose to give me back around 32 CAD. I was told that I will receive check withing 4 week. Today is June 2nd. No check, no payment. Looks like Fido is trying to steal my $32. It is so pathethic. When I called I was told I need to wait another 4 weeks and maybe they will send me check. I think it is ridiculous since you keep money that does not belong to you. I would.like to know if there is a way to expedite this payment and receive my money ASAP.

5 REPLIES 5

Fido34987
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

There doing the same **bleep** to me. Been since sept 2023 when I switched to rogers they keep saying it's coming. Time to go to court and file a complaint and reimbursement for my time and my lawyers now. 

Hey, 

I'm sorry to hear that. It looks like you haven't received it for some reason, as it could take up to 4-6 weeks for it to arrive.

Please contact us here, and we'll be more than happy to verify it with you. 

realist

Hi thank you for your response. As I mentioned in my first post the final bill was issed on April 11 (8 weeks ago). I have already confirmed that the check was not sent to me during those 8 weeks. I potentially need to wait another 4 weeks which will bring total time to 12 weeks. Fido do not provide any info regarding teh fact of check being mailed, tracking number etc.  So the 6 week you mentioned in your reposne weare already breached and nobady have any idea when my money will be returned to me. I think at this point Fido should start adding intrest to their late payment to be fair. 

Hi there,

It looks like the first cheque sent to you never reached you out somehow and that it was re-issued when you reached us out a second time. Sorry for the situation. If you need continued support, you know where to find us.

FidoKenny

Hello @realist  and thank you for sharing this here with us on the Community.

When it comes to refunds for a credit balance on your account, the final invoice must be issued issued first. From there, it can take up to 6 weeks from the date of the cancellation to receive the cheque. 

The cheque is also sent the billing address registered to your account. 

If you have any questions about our our refund process, you can contact us anytime. You can find the ways to reach us here.