cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet Activation Pending

zagcollins
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Already have a Fido cellular connection, and today added a Fido Home Internet connection. "Your building has a hot connection, so should immediately work once you get home." Took note of my SIN and Credit Card as I am a new immigrant. Funnily enough, this wasn't the case when I got my Fido Cellular Connection a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, I am not sure why my SIN was noted down. Not sure if it is entirely legal. Got home, and surprise surprise, the internet wasn't working. Spoke to tech support, tech support informs me your account status is 'tentative'. Can't do anything. Passed it on to the customer support team. Said cannot do anything, wait 24-48 hours. The solution IMO is simple - wait 48 hours. If it's still the same, will return the modem to the same store. Don't want to end up running around just because the service is cheap. Will pick a local ISP, and move on. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @zagcollins

Welcome to the Community Smiley

To complete a credit evaluation some IDs will be required, though if you prefer not using your SIN number you can choose to provide a different ID.

Can you also confirm if the internet account activation was done in store? To clarify, the modem should be provided only when the account is active. Yours is still in a tentative state.

We'll need to take a closer look at this with you to see what steps are missing for the activation of your service. I'll be sending you a PM immediately, talk to you soon!