Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido won't send Tech for installation of Internet

jpl77
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

What is Fido's covid policy now?  I'm getting conflicting information from chat support and on the phone.  

We have a new house, which needs a fibre/cable/phone line connected from the street to the house.  The house is fully wired inside.

We contacted support to get a new customer account, the house is in an area for Fido 150u service, they were starting the account and then suddenly stopped when they said they can't send a tech due to covid and keeping their employees safe.

I find it hard to believe that Fido wants new customers, is willing to connect new homes, but then won't send a tech.  Even more so the tech doesn't even need to come inside our house, they just need to run the line from the street pole the extorior of the house.

For comparison both Rogers, Bell and Techsavvy are willing to send technicians.  

3 REPLIES 3

lkhaef

Can someone get in touch with me reagrding this issue as well? I was also told a technician cannot be sent out which is difficult to understand, where social distancing can be respected.

Hello @Ikhaef

You can find all the ways to reach us here.

If it's best for you, we can send you a PM here on the Community as well.

Let us know. 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @jpl77

Apologies for the confusion and sorry to hear about your recent experience. Did any of the agents you spoke with give you more info on why a technician was required?

To clarify, an address that is already wired and good to go does not require a technician to come set it up. In other words, you simply need to get the modem and plug it in the available coaxial outlet you have in your household, then follow the easy setup prompts.

We'd be happy to review the situation with you as well. To get started, you can reach out to us at these channels

, or we can send you a PM here if you prefer.