Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido home internet connection drop outs

Krispychik3n
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Good afternoon everyone,

We are new to the Fido internet family, and wanted some feedback regarding the quality of service other customers have been receiving.  The reason I ask is that we have noticed that several times over the course of the day our connection seems to drop out. This usually happens around 2 PM consistently (odd....yes I realise!) and later on in the evening at random.  All devices will simultaneously loose the connection, and when the modem/router is inspected only the upper green power light is on.  The modem does a reboot and eventually the connection resumes.  The is very frustrating for us as we were previously using another Rogers network re-seller (Start.ca) and did not deal with the issue this frequently.

To date, I have been in contact with Technical Support approximately 4 times and have followed all of their suggestions. These include moving the modem to a new location, plugging the modem directly into a wall outlet sans extension cord, and rebooting the unit.  A technician came by to inspect our coax feed from the street and confirmed our signal is very clean. This leads me to beleive the concern is modem related, and I have thus signed up for the new Firmware trial in order to provide some feedback to Fido.

If anyone else is working around this concern please feel free to chime in.  Hopefully this is an isolated event.

Best regards!

***Edited to add labels***

35 REPLIES 35