cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caught between Fido & Canada Post

isam2003
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I cancelled my Internet service on Dec 1 and was asked to return the modem.    For nearly 10 days now, Canada Post has not yet delivered the Fido modem I dropped off.  'Delayed Delivery' is all I see each day I log in to check the tracking staus.  In the meanwhile, Fido has charged me for the service for this month.  Why is the customer getting caught in this mess?  

9 REPLIES 9

Mayammsv
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Unfortunately, I'm in the similar situation. I cancelled my service on Dec 30,22 and dropped of the modem at Canada Post on Jan 3,23. The modem hast not been delivered yet. I talked to a Canada Post agent and he told me that this is because of the holiday rush. Meanwhile, I have been charged by Fido for the whole month. I talked to three Fido agents and they told me I need to call back once the modem is received by Fido. This is so frustrating ! I have the Canada Post tracking number and it shows that I dropped off the parcel on Jan 3,22. It is not my problem that Canada Post hasn't been able to deliver the item. The funny thing is that I cancelled the service a day after I received the modem from Fido. I didn't even open the box ! When I cancelled the service, the Fido agent told me I should be only charged for one day (1.5$). Now, I'm spending a lot of time talking to different agents just because of something that's not my responsibility! I'm so frustrated! 

Hello Mayammsv,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you of your situation. However, I don't think you will be charged for the full month of service. If you received a bill, that would have likely been generated before your cancellation. If that is the case, that bill would not reflect the cancellation. Any services would be prorated for the amount of time you did have the service. If you had already paid the full amount, your account would be credited for the time after you cancelled the services. Generally, credited refunds will be sent to the address they have on file.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You might consider contacting customer service to verify the address information on both of those lines. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Per subsections G(3) and G(4) of the Internet Code: https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/internet/codesimpl.htm Fido must refund you as soon as you cancel the service. If they want to ensure that you've returned the modem in suitable condition, they should have requested a deposit. Your fees cannot be held for ransom.

And this is why I use TekSavvy.

FidoStephane

That's certainly odd 

Have you contacted Canada post with the tracking number to ask why the delivery is delayed? 

IMS25
I'm a contributor level 1

After a disastrous encounter with Canada Post's chatbot , I decided to contact Fido again. 

During a 1.5 hour call, I was finally able to speak with Christopher (Loyalty Team). He was helpful in getting a 'Locate Equipment' case opened.   Yesterday, I received an email from Fido Customer Service,:  

"Upon further investigation, we have not been able to locate any unreturned equipment charges and the hardware in question is no longer on the account."  

Canada Post continues to show the tracking number of this package as 'Item Delayed' (in transit).   

So in other words, you were not billed for the unreturned modem? 

In regards to Canada Post, any way to circumvent the chatbot? Have you tried calling them? 

IMS25

Not billed for the modem that I returned as instructed by Fido.  The returned modem is with Fido's authorized carrier (Canada Post). 

I went back to the Canada Post outlet where the package was dropped off.  I was informed that it was a delay on account of the holiday rush.  They had no new information to contribute and directed me to their website tracking feature.  Sorry but I referred to the automated service of Canada Post as a chatbot earlier.  After getting on the phone, I could not get past the automated service when it came to tracking a parcel. Frustrating!

I can imagine, 

Any updates? Have you tried contacting them again? 

IMS25

Canada Post continues to show a 'in transit' as of today.  Unbelievable!